“The Australian Defence Force has contracted with Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) to supply it with an extensive fleet of advanced logistical vehicles,” Rheinmetall said in a statement.
As part of a modernization program, the Australian Defence Force (ADF) would procure “some 2,500 protected and non-protected logistical vehicles from Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Australia,” the statement said.
The contract covered trucks “in a number of different weight classes in various configurations,” Rheinmetall continued.
They would include medium and heavyweight recovery vehicles, heavy-duty logistical vehicles, integrated load handling systems, as well as medium-sized cargo bed variants with cranes, fuel and water modules and tipper bodies.
Rheinmetall said RMMV had beaten leading European and US rivals to secure the contract in what had been “a hard-fought contest.”
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Australia defence forces contract announcement
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)