“The Australian Defence Force has contracted with Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) to supply it with an extensive fleet of advanced logistical vehicles,” Rheinmetall said in a statement.
As part of a modernization program, the Australian Defence Force (ADF) would procure “some 2,500 protected and non-protected logistical vehicles from Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Australia,” the statement said.
The contract covered trucks “in a number of different weight classes in various configurations,” Rheinmetall continued.
They would include medium and heavyweight recovery vehicles, heavy-duty logistical vehicles, integrated load handling systems, as well as medium-sized cargo bed variants with cranes, fuel and water modules and tipper bodies.
Rheinmetall said RMMV had beaten leading European and US rivals to secure the contract in what had been “a hard-fought contest.”
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Australia defence forces contract announcement
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates