Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions (RTCS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon has announced that its SimShield customer, U.S. Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) and its 353d Combat Training Squadron, has been granted a Secret and Below Interoperability (SABI) renewal Authorization to Connect from the Defense Information Assurance Security Accreditation Working Group.
PACAF currently uses the SimShield multilevel transfer guard solution during tactical live range exercises at the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex at Eielson Air Force Base. The use of SimShield in these exercises enables training assets that operate under different security classification levels to fully communicate and securely interact, creating the most realistic training exercises possible.
Included with this SABI Authorization to Connect renewal, RTCS will also support the separate Distributed Missions Operations Network (DMON), which allows PACAF training partners to train warfighters in geographically separate locations.
“PACAF’s use of SimShield to provide secure interoperability across networks at multiple classification levels allows for more realistic and beneficial training exercises for U.S. and coalition troops,” said Ed Hammersla, chief operating officer for RTCS.
“The ability to connect to DMON means that we can train forces in Australia and the U.S. during the same exercise, for example, greatly enhancing their overall preparedness to combat our global adversaries.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates
- World Air force directory
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD