The contract, which includes training and technical and logistic support, is worth EUR 280 million and includes the purchase of eight M-346 airplanes, plus option on four more planes, in addition to flight simulators and training devices.
The Italian aircraft won the contract over international competition.
The M-346 is the most advanced/lead-in fighter trainer aircraft currently produced and the only new-generation trainer optimized for the role of training pilots who fly on latest-generation high-performance military planes.
A total of 48 aircraft has been ordered, to date, by the Italian Air force and the Singapore and Israeli Governments.
The contract is scheduled to be signed in the first months of 2014.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:M346, alenia aermacchi m346, italian m-346 advanced jet trainers, poland air force trainer, poland m-346
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Singapore Navy
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Т-35A Up and Running
- F-35 - International Participation
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates