The contract, which includes training and technical and logistic support, is worth EUR 280 million and includes the purchase of eight M-346 airplanes, plus option on four more planes, in addition to flight simulators and training devices.
The Italian aircraft won the contract over international competition.
The M-346 is the most advanced/lead-in fighter trainer aircraft currently produced and the only new-generation trainer optimized for the role of training pilots who fly on latest-generation high-performance military planes.
A total of 48 aircraft has been ordered, to date, by the Italian Air force and the Singapore and Israeli Governments.
The contract is scheduled to be signed in the first months of 2014.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:M346, poland m-346, poland m346 trainer, polish military jets
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Reinstitute US Pershing 2 for use vs A2/AD?
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-18 Advanced Hornet