During the testing, Patriot’s performance was outstanding when subjected to challenging climatic and electromagnetic environments.
“This approval validates the modernized Patriot system’s readiness to counter evolving threats and protect warfighters and allies in a combat situation,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.
“This will only build on the confidence that our Patriot partners have in the system’s performance and reliability, a confidence we look forward to extending to the partners who join the Patriot family.”
Since last year, the Patriot system has undergone the U.S. Army’s rigorous testing of every component of the modernized system. Patriot performance consistently exceeded expectations in all eight flight tests in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Author Research - Exercises
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- VMFAT501 F35B , VAQ209 Growlers and Hornets!
- 149th FW Lone Star Gunfighters
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News