During the testing, Patriot’s performance was outstanding when subjected to challenging climatic and electromagnetic environments.
“This approval validates the modernized Patriot system’s readiness to counter evolving threats and protect warfighters and allies in a combat situation,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.
“This will only build on the confidence that our Patriot partners have in the system’s performance and reliability, a confidence we look forward to extending to the partners who join the Patriot family.”
Since last year, the Patriot system has undergone the U.S. Army’s rigorous testing of every component of the modernized system. Patriot performance consistently exceeded expectations in all eight flight tests in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures