During the testing, Patriot’s performance was outstanding when subjected to challenging climatic and electromagnetic environments.
“This approval validates the modernized Patriot system’s readiness to counter evolving threats and protect warfighters and allies in a combat situation,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.
“This will only build on the confidence that our Patriot partners have in the system’s performance and reliability, a confidence we look forward to extending to the partners who join the Patriot family.”
Since last year, the Patriot system has undergone the U.S. Army’s rigorous testing of every component of the modernized system. Patriot performance consistently exceeded expectations in all eight flight tests in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Body Armour
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates