During the testing, Patriot’s performance was outstanding when subjected to challenging climatic and electromagnetic environments.
“This approval validates the modernized Patriot system’s readiness to counter evolving threats and protect warfighters and allies in a combat situation,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.
“This will only build on the confidence that our Patriot partners have in the system’s performance and reliability, a confidence we look forward to extending to the partners who join the Patriot family.”
Since last year, the Patriot system has undergone the U.S. Army’s rigorous testing of every component of the modernized system. Patriot performance consistently exceeded expectations in all eight flight tests in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News