During the testing, Patriot’s performance was outstanding when subjected to challenging climatic and electromagnetic environments.
“This approval validates the modernized Patriot system’s readiness to counter evolving threats and protect warfighters and allies in a combat situation,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.
“This will only build on the confidence that our Patriot partners have in the system’s performance and reliability, a confidence we look forward to extending to the partners who join the Patriot family.”
Since last year, the Patriot system has undergone the U.S. Army’s rigorous testing of every component of the modernized system. Patriot performance consistently exceeded expectations in all eight flight tests in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Scottish Independence
- Ukranian Crisis
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- What/Who downed MH17 ?
- British Army News and Discussion
- The Scottish Navy
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates