Patria Nemo 120 mm mortar system has been selected as one of the weapon systems for LAV II vehicles delivered by General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada as part of a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) project for the US Government.
Patria and Mecar S.A. from Belgium signed a letter subcontract for the supply of Patria Nemo systems on 16 June, 2010. The final subcontract was signed on 18 Nov, 2010.
According to the subcontract Patria will deliver 36 Nemo mortar systems as part of US FMS program.
Patria is the global market leader in turreted mortar systems. Patria Nemo is a 120 mm remote controlled mortar turret, offering excellent signature management and ballistic protection as well as providing both direct and indirect fire support. Patria Nemo system has been earlier selected by the Slovenian Armed Forces and the United Arab Emirates Navy.
Patria is a defence, security and aerospace group with international operations delivering its customers competitive solutions based on own specialist know-how and partnerships. Patria is owned by the State of Finland and the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:lav for sale, NEMO mortar
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 - International Participation
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Land 400
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction