The security scenario at the regional and global level is undergoing a major transformation, which has strategic implications for Pakistan, said Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shameem Wynne on Wednesday.
As the regional security situation becomes more complex and uncertain, Pakistan’s defense industry would be compelled to develop a response that is proportionate to challenges that lie ahead, said the CJCSC.
Gen Wynne was speaking at an international seminar on ‘Security Outlook 2025 : Future Security Trends and Challenges for Defense Industry in Mounting Technological Response’.
The seminar was held under the aegis of Defense Export Promotion Organization (DEPO) and organised by Center for International Strategic Studies (CISS). It was a part of bi-annual international defence exhibition IDEAS -2012 Pakistan; starting today at Karachi Expo Center.
Gen Wynne, who was the chief guest, said that this mega-event signifies the accomplishments of Pakistan’s defence industry despite serious security challenges confronting it.
He praised the DEPO and CISS for organizing this international seminar in befitting manner which is also been participated by defence experts from 56 countries.
The IDEAS-2012 will provide a platform to exhibit latest and sophisticated weapons. It will also provide an interactive opportunity to the armed forces to review the defence needs.
He underlined the need for making investments to meet future security and economic challenges to the country.
General Wynne said that possibility of state-to-state conflict cannot be totally eliminated.
Thus, he emphasized, it is the global responsibility to address the security concerns.
He made it clear that Pakistan’s defence preparedness is purely security driven.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)