Sources said that the Pakistan had signed a contract with Jordan for the supply of 13 fighter jets out of which five were delivered at the Mushaf Mir Airbase in Sargodha and inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fleet.
The inclusion of the 13 jets would take the strength of the PAF F-16s to 76.
Media reports indicated the PAF had agreed to purchase an entire squadron from Jordan, consisting of 12 A models and one B model. According to one news report, the jets “were in good condition since they had attained Mid-Life Update (MLU) and they would be providing service for another 20 years with almost 3,000 hours on average available to them for flying.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Help identifying an NASA plane from 1966
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards