During an impressive ceremony held earlier Wednesday, Pakistan Navy inducted another P3C Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft in its aviation fleet, received from USA under Security Assistance Programme.
A Pakistan Navy press release said that the Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral M. Asif Sandila, was the chief guest on the occasion. It said that the P3C aircraft, being a potent air platform, will assist in maintaining protracted vigil over sea to meet legitimate defence needs while safeguarding maritime interests of Pakistan. Capacity building of PN is essential to ensure security in North Arabian Sea and keep sea routes safe for maritime community.
During the induction ceremony, Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral M. Asif Sandila, praised the efforts undertaken in enhancing of PN’s capabilities and operational readiness. Emphasizing the importance of North Arabian Sea and capacity building of PN which is essential to ensure security in North Arabian Sea and keep sea routes safe for maritime community, he reiterated PN’s resolve to remain part of multi-national force present in North Arabian Sea and off Somali coast. He added that despite resource constraints, PN ships, aircraft and personnel are regularly tasked as part of ongoing efforts by global community.
Related Topic Tags
- maritime patrol aircraft, maritime security, Navy & Maritime Security News, P-3C, pakistan, Pakistani Navy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- NZDF General discussion thread
- North Korean Military.
- Kapooka Pics
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates