NHIndustries is proud to announce the delivery of the second NH90 NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) helicopter to the Norwegian Armed Forces. The delivery ceremony took place on November 28 at AgustaWestland’s Tessera facility where it was assembled.
“We are extremely pleased to deliver this helicopter because we know how important this new helicopter is for the Norwegian Armed Forces” declared Xavier Poupardin Delegated Managing Director of NHIndustries.
The NH90 is the only helicopter in production with such unrivaled new technology standards, paving the way for Top class level performance over the next 40 years, meeting the developing customer requirements for all types of helicopter missions which are increasingly demanding.
The delivery of this outstanding helicopter is the result of a strong team work between the customer and industry in order to make sure that the aircraft fulfills the stringent needs of the Royal Norwegian Air Force.
The NH90 NFH is the optimal choice for the Royal Norwegian Air Force operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its fully integrated weapon system. It features a quadruplex Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced pilot’s workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
As of today, more than 128 helicopters have been delivered including 19 NH90 NFHs and are in service in Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the company owned by AgustaWestland SpA (32%), Eurocopter (62.5%), and Stork Fokker (5.5%).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-18E/F good in air to air?
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Assad's strategic options
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Benefits and limitations of low-frequency radar systems?
- Manning trial; Apache gun camera
- Worst Commanders in History
- Identifying friendlies through thermals
- Rifle launched grappling hook?