Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is to supply advanced shipboard navigation systems for 20 fast patrol vessels for the Indian Coast Guard. The fast patrol vessels will be built at Cochi Shipyard Ltd., India.
Under the contract, awarded through the company’s Indian reseller Marine Electricals Ltd., Northrop Grumman’s Sperry Marine business unit will provide a navigation package including VisionMaster™ Total Watch™ multifunction displays, electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS), autopilot, magnetic compass and the new NAVIGAT 3000™ fibre optic gyrocompass. The contract also includes spares, factory testing and engineering support services. The first shipset delivery is expected in late 2012. Deliveries will continue into 2015.
“These integrated bridge system components will provide the Indian Coast Guard the most advanced shipboard navigation systems available today,” said Alan Dix, managing director of Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine. “We look forward to delivering products that will help secure India’s coastline for years to come.”
Sperry Marine’s NAVIGAT 3000 fibre optic gyrocompass provides all motion data required for the ship’s steering for faster operation. It minimizes size, weight, noise and power consumption while maximizing reliability, dynamic angular rate and redundancy as it delivers the full set of navigation data.
Sperry Marine has delivered integrated bridge systems and components to naval and coast guard vessels in several countries around the world including the Indian Navy.
Sperry Marine is a business unit of Northrop Grumman’s Naval and Marine Systems Division. Headquartered in New Malden, U.K., with major engineering and support offices both in New Malden and in Hamburg, Germany, Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides smart navigation and ship control solutions for the international marine industry with customer service and support in numerous locations worldwide.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Ukranian Crisis
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates