The CMD3D* air defense management center will form an integral part of the protective shield deployed during France’s Bastille Day celebrations on July 14. Ordered by the French defense procurement agency (DGA) and developed by ThalesRaytheonSystems (TRS), the system provides France with a GBADOC** capability (CMD3D center with associated chain of command) and is designed to protect land forces and airbases from air-launched threats.
Integrated with an air defense system, such as the SCCOA air command and control system in France, the CMD3D enables the effective command and coordination of air defense assets and contributes to the safety and security of aircraft within its zone of responsibility. The system allows close coordination of all assets in the airspace — aircraft, UAVs, shells, missiles and rockets. Key features include high mobility and extended communication capabilities. The new version (V2Ca) of the system makes the CMD3D a common tool used by both the Army and the Air Force.
The first national and international exercises with the CMD3D system have confirmed its high level of interoperability for deployments on national territory and in remote theaters as part of wider coalition operations. During the NAWAS exercise in March, the CMD3D successfully demonstrated its ability to coordinate short, medium and long-range surface-to-air defense systems (SAMP/T, HAWK, Crotale NG and Mistral).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- What/Who downed MH17 ?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- British Army News and Discussion
- Scottish Independence
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Scottish Navy
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options