Thales Raytheon Systems announces the signature on 20th June of a €136 million contract with NATO to produce and deploy a Theater Ballistic Missile Defense capability to be integrated with the NATO Air Command and Control System (ACCS). This is a great example of leveraging previous investments from NATO in ACCS and the integration of contributions from NATO Nations across the Alliance.
The ACCS TMD1 contract (Theatre Missile Defense 1) will bring new capabilities to the ACCS program, including integration of additional radars and satellites, increased data communication capacity and an improved tracking and correlation feature. The award follows on from a previous contract for an Interim Capability also built by Thales Raytheon Systems and fielded in 2012 in Ramstein.
“This new component of the ACCS program will constitute, once achieved, a real asset for NATO, bringing the organization access to both Air Defense and Ballistic Missile Defense capabilities,” said Koen Gijsbers, NATO Communication and Information Agency General Manager.
“As prime contractor for this theater ballistic missile defense system, Thales Raytheon Systems has played a central role in the cooperation across the transatlantic industrial base involving 8 nations and 15 industry partners. This cooperation illustrates the ability of our French-U.S. joint venture to deliver advanced technology projects across organizations and cultures,” said Jack Harrington, CEO of Thales Raytheon Systems.
Thales Raytheon Systems is an international company specializing in air defense systems, command and control systems, 3D air defense radars, battlefield and counterbattery radars. Since its inception in 2001, Thales Raytheon Systems has become one of the defense industry’s most successful transatlantic joint ventures. The company employs 1,400 people and is equally owned by Thales and Raytheon.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:THE ROYAL AUSTRALIAN NAVY AND THEATRE BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENCE
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Ukranian Crisis
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates