A common characteristic of a system that is handling too much money is that it neither knows nor cares how much money it is spending on its own major assets.
The U.S. Air Force does not keep complete records on the cost to operate and support its aircraft and misreports those costs on the rare occasion it is asked to. These costs are not inconsequential; typically, they are twice the cost to initially buy the aircraft.
Winslow Wheeler reports in a new study for the Straus Military Reform Project.
|Title:||Most USAF Aircraft Operating Costs Are Unknown|
|File Size:||69.04 kB|
|Download Link:||Most USAF Aircraft Operating Costs Are Unknown|
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- British Army News and Discussion
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- space based LBI systems
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Iran Nuclear Ambitions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Mexico nuke scare