Under the terms of the basic ordering agreements, Lockheed Martin will provide spare material and repair of military hardware for the Republic of Korea’s fleet of F-16s and P-3 military aircraft. The company has also provided these same services for the C-130 for nearly 13 years. These annual contracts have a $2 million ceiling and are funded incrementally.
“The establishment of these contracts with the Republic of Korea highlights the confidence our customers have in our capability to maintain critical spare parts and repair of military hardware for their weapon systems,” said Janet Gohman, director, Global Supply Chain Services for Lockheed Martin’s Mission Systems & Sensors business. “We focus on delivering an effective and integrated supply chain to increase affordability and reduce turn-around-time for our customers.”
Lockheed Martin provides supply chain support for U.S. and international governments as well as commercial customers at operational field sites. The company has the capability to meet rush deliveries through its global network, providing value to customers by reducing emergency maintenance cycles.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation’s net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indonesian Aero News
- Ukranian Crisis
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Battle of the Tuetoberg Forest
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Scottish Independence
- Made in Singapore Equipment