Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. (TAI) delivered the last four F-16 aircraft to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) under Pakistan F-16 Modernization Program, at a ceremony held at TAI’s facilities in Ankara, Turkey, on September 02, 2014.
The avionics and structural modernization of 41 F-16s of Pakistan Air Force, under the program which was effected by a contract between TAI and Pakistan Ministry of Defense in 2009, was performed at TAI’s facilities. Pakistan Air Force personnel also have been qualified for the modernization by having classroom and on-the-job training given by TAI and have participated to the work performed at TAI.
Many high level authorities among whom were Pakistan Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff (Operations) Air Marshal Sohail Aman, Pakistan Ambassador HE Muhammad Haroon Shaukat, Turkish Air Force Chief of Staff Lt.Gen. Mehmet Şanver, Deputy Undersecretary for Defense Industries Dr. Faruk Özlü, TAI’s Chairman of the Board Yalçın Kaya, Deputy General Manager Turkish Armed Forces Foundation Atilla Gürdere and TAI’s President & CEO Muharrem Dörtkaşlı participated in the ceremony.
Being among the well-known companies in the world and in the field of F-16 modernization, TAI successfully realized PAF F-16 Modernization Program and has proved its success in the world’s aerospace and defense arena. The quality and performance of the program was highly appreciated by Pakistan Air Force and has been valued as the precedent of success and cooperation between Pakistan Air Force and TAI for the future projects.
This appraisal will also substantiate the collaboration between two countries for the future.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:tai and paf
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Scottish Navy
- Scottish Independence
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- British Army News and Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input