The Eitan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Squadron opening ceremony took place on the Tel-Nof IAF Base yesterday, December 20th 2010.
The Eitan UAV was developed by the IAF and Israel’s Homeland Security Industry, and was officially integrated by the IAF in February 2010.
This new development signifies yet another breakthrough in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles for the IAF, and constitutes an improvement in operational capabilities responding to threats, be they near or far, routine or emergent.
The inauguration of the new squadron is yet another step for the new system in becoming operational.
The Tel-Nof IAF Base Commander, Brigadier-General A, said: “Several minutes ago we unveiled the squadron flag. For the IAF, the term “squadron” embodies values- the value of norms, of operational abilities, of tending to people, developing weapons systems and many other areas. But most of all the term “squadron” embodies the values of responsibility. The responsibility to fulfill the expectations of Israeli citizens, to fulfill our operational goals, and the responsibility for our people and for the ongoing preservation of our legacy.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Author Research - Exercises
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- VMFAT501 F35B , VAQ209 Growlers and Hornets!
- 149th FW Lone Star Gunfighters
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News