The Eitan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Squadron opening ceremony took place on the Tel-Nof IAF Base yesterday, December 20th 2010.
The Eitan UAV was developed by the IAF and Israel’s Homeland Security Industry, and was officially integrated by the IAF in February 2010.
This new development signifies yet another breakthrough in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles for the IAF, and constitutes an improvement in operational capabilities responding to threats, be they near or far, routine or emergent.
The inauguration of the new squadron is yet another step for the new system in becoming operational.
The Tel-Nof IAF Base Commander, Brigadier-General A, said: “Several minutes ago we unveiled the squadron flag. For the IAF, the term “squadron” embodies values- the value of norms, of operational abilities, of tending to people, developing weapons systems and many other areas. But most of all the term “squadron” embodies the values of responsibility. The responsibility to fulfill the expectations of Israeli citizens, to fulfill our operational goals, and the responsibility for our people and for the ongoing preservation of our legacy.”
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:israeli air force wallpaper
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Indonesian Army
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'