Israel’s Missile Defense Organization (IMDO) and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) completed a successful flight test of the Arrow 3 interceptor missile.
This is the first flight test of the Arrow 3 interceptor and was conducted at an Israeli test range over the Mediterranean Sea.
The Arrow 3 interceptor was successfully launched and flew an exo-atmospheric trajectory through space, in accordance with the test plan.
The Arrow 3 interceptor was designed to provide an additional level of defense against ballistic missiles, to add interception opportunities to the joint U.S.-Israel Arrow Weapon System and to improve the active defense architecture of the State of Israel against missile threats.
The successful test is a major milestone in the development of the Arrow 3 Weapon System and provides further confidence in future Israeli defense capabilities to defeat the developing ballistic missile threat.
Israel’s Missile Defense Organization and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency officials conducted the flight test. The main contractor for the integration and development of the Arrow Weapon System is MLM of the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) in conjunction with Boeing.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Singapore Navy
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Ukranian Crisis
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Reinstitute US Pershing 2 for use vs A2/AD?
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates