The Hermes 900 UAV, manufactured by the Israeli company Elbit Systems, received its official Hebrew name in the Israel Air Force (IAF): “Kochav” (star in Hebrew). The Kochav UAV strengthens the UAV arm of the IAF and is designed for HALE (High Altitude Long Endurance) reconnaissance missions
The UAV arm of the IAF continues to expand: this week, a Hebrew name for the “Hermes 900″ UAV was chosen: “Kochav” (star, in Hebrew).
The Israeli-built UAV serves at the Palmachim airbase and takes part in all kinds of reconnaissance missions and special missions.
The Kochav UAV, which is manufactured by the Israeli company Elbit System, has joined the UAV Division of the IAF. It possesses a wide range of capabilities, including the ability to carry out missions in all weather conditions.
The Kochav has innovative UAV capabilities: automatic takeoff, landing and braking capabilities. Additionally, it has another operational advantage over older aircraft, as it can carry multiple payloads, allowing it to perform several missions during a single flight.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:hermes 900 uav, herms plane isrial, ssgn 900, UAV in Palmachim, ucav hebrew
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates