The Hermes 900 UAV, manufactured by the Israeli company Elbit Systems, received its official Hebrew name in the Israel Air Force (IAF): “Kochav” (star in Hebrew). The Kochav UAV strengthens the UAV arm of the IAF and is designed for HALE (High Altitude Long Endurance) reconnaissance missions
The UAV arm of the IAF continues to expand: this week, a Hebrew name for the “Hermes 900″ UAV was chosen: “Kochav” (star, in Hebrew).
The Israeli-built UAV serves at the Palmachim airbase and takes part in all kinds of reconnaissance missions and special missions.
The Kochav UAV, which is manufactured by the Israeli company Elbit System, has joined the UAV Division of the IAF. It possesses a wide range of capabilities, including the ability to carry out missions in all weather conditions.
The Kochav has innovative UAV capabilities: automatic takeoff, landing and braking capabilities. Additionally, it has another operational advantage over older aircraft, as it can carry multiple payloads, allowing it to perform several missions during a single flight.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Hermes 900, hermes 900 uav, hermes 900 uav switzerland, palmachim air base:jpg, ssgn 900
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Ukranian Crisis
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates