Brigadier General Mohammadreza Karshki, a senior Iranian Air force commander, said Saturday that the Iranian Air Force is cooperating with the Defense Ministry in the project, which is now in the initial stages.
The new fighter jet is similar to the U.S.-built F/A-18, while its appearance is similar to F-5E/F Tiger II, according to Press TV.
The new single-seater bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat, target locations on the ground, and carry assorted weapons and ammunition, said the report.
Iran said last February that it successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, which, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, could not be detected by any radar.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:F-14 iranian, F-14 of iran, f14 iran, iran build advAnced plane, iran fighter jet projects
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) update
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015