Brigadier General Mohammadreza Karshki, a senior Iranian Air force commander, said Saturday that the Iranian Air Force is cooperating with the Defense Ministry in the project, which is now in the initial stages.
The new fighter jet is similar to the U.S.-built F/A-18, while its appearance is similar to F-5E/F Tiger II, according to Press TV.
The new single-seater bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat, target locations on the ground, and carry assorted weapons and ammunition, said the report.
Iran said last February that it successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, which, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, could not be detected by any radar.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:future iranian fighter aircraft, iran air force project, iran build advAnced plane, iran fighter jet projects, iran future advanced technologies
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- ESM device?
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Sub launched surface to air missiles - how useful?
- US Navy News and updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation