Brigadier General Mohammadreza Karshki, a senior Iranian Air force commander, said Saturday that the Iranian Air Force is cooperating with the Defense Ministry in the project, which is now in the initial stages.
The new fighter jet is similar to the U.S.-built F/A-18, while its appearance is similar to F-5E/F Tiger II, according to Press TV.
The new single-seater bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat, target locations on the ground, and carry assorted weapons and ammunition, said the report.
Iran said last February that it successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, which, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, could not be detected by any radar.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:F-14 iranian, iranian f14, Iranian air force air craft pix, iran future air force, iran future advanced technologies
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Scottish Navy
- Scottish Independence
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- British Army News and Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input