Brigadier General Mohammadreza Karshki, a senior Iranian Air force commander, said Saturday that the Iranian Air Force is cooperating with the Defense Ministry in the project, which is now in the initial stages.
The new fighter jet is similar to the U.S.-built F/A-18, while its appearance is similar to F-5E/F Tiger II, according to Press TV.
The new single-seater bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat, target locations on the ground, and carry assorted weapons and ammunition, said the report.
Iran said last February that it successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, which, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, could not be detected by any radar.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:fighter jet missiles, future iranian fighter aircraft, iran air force project, iran military air force, latest fighter plane of iran
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Made in Singapore Equipment