Brigadier General Mohammadreza Karshki, a senior Iranian Air force commander, said Saturday that the Iranian Air Force is cooperating with the Defense Ministry in the project, which is now in the initial stages.
The new fighter jet is similar to the U.S.-built F/A-18, while its appearance is similar to F-5E/F Tiger II, according to Press TV.
The new single-seater bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat, target locations on the ground, and carry assorted weapons and ammunition, said the report.
Iran said last February that it successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, which, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, could not be detected by any radar.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:F-14 of iran, f14 iran, iran air force aircraft
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates