One of the Missile Units of Strategic Forces Command (SFC) fired the long range Agni-1 missile from the range facility at Wheelers Island, off the Odisha coast today. The trajectory of the missile which was tracked by a battery of sophisticated radars, observation stations and Naval Ships, fully met the tasked technical parameters
The DRDO developed medium range ballistic missile from the production lot was launched as part of regular training exercise by the armed forces from the range located at Wheeler Island. The Agni missile is equipped with advanced high accuracy navigation system and guided by an innovative guidance system. The improved Circular Error of Probability (CEP) achieved is a testimony to the efficacy of this missile system.
An SFC spokesman said, “Such launches, as part of our training schedule, fully validates the crew’s operational readiness to undertake launches in diverse operational conditions, as also the reliability factor of our missile systems developed indigenously”.
The launch was witnessed by Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat, SA to RM, DG DRDO & Secretary, Dept of Defence R&D, Shri Avinash Chander, Distinguished Scientist, Program Director Agni & Chief controller (Missiles and Strategic Systems), DR V G Sekhran, Director ASL and top brass of the Strategic Forces Command.
Dr. Saraswat congratulated the Armed Forces and all the DRDO personnel for the successful flight test.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:agni 1 misile what is, indian defence agni 1
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Land 400
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction