India and Russia have signed two contracts for the delivery of Russian antitank missiles, a source close to the Indian Defense Ministry told RIA Novosti on Tuesday.
The source confirmed that these contracts had been signed, but declined to give any details.
Local media reports have suggested that Russia will deliver 25,000 Invar missiles for India’s T-90 tanks and 10,000 Konkurs antitank missiles, worth an estimated $240 million.
Citing sources in the Indian government, local media earlier reported that India would buy 10,000 Invar missiles from Russian manufacturers and that a further 15,000 missiles will be manufactured under license in India.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Remote Weapon Station Project ( project mentor needed)
- Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force Thread
- Alternative sub propulsion tech?