Indian forces are ready to launch the nation’s first military satellite, the Times of India reported on Monday.
The satellite is designed for naval intelligence and communications, according to the newspaper, which added that the device is ready and its launch is expected in about a month, quoting an unnamed government source.
The satellite, which will be on orbit over the Indian Ocean, will transfer high speed data, and link all Indian naval ships, submarines, airplanes and control centers on the shore into a single information network.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle