Indian Air Force (IAF) is procuring Chinook Ch-47F heavy-lift helicopters and AH-64D Block-III Apache helicopters from Boeing Company of USA.
In the two separate proposals initiated by Indian Air Force (IAF) for procurement of 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters, Boeing of United States of America (USA) with Chinook CH-47F(I) and Apache AH-64D respectively, has emerged as the L1 Vendor.
The Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) cost for 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters is Rs.2468.41 Crores and Rs.3094.98 Crores respectively. However, final cost of the Contracts would depend upon outcome of the Contract negotiation with the L1 Vendor.
All Capital procurements are carried out as per procedure laid down in the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) which ensures conformity to the highest standards of transparency, probity and public accountability.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri JM Aaron Rashid Shri Avtar Singh Bhadanain Lok Sabha today.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:order of AH-64D from India when will be given, AH-64D Apache, apache in India military?, boeing apache ah-64 india, ch 47 india
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates