Indian Air Force (IAF) is procuring Chinook Ch-47F heavy-lift helicopters and AH-64D Block-III Apache helicopters from Boeing Company of USA.
In the two separate proposals initiated by Indian Air Force (IAF) for procurement of 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters, Boeing of United States of America (USA) with Chinook CH-47F(I) and Apache AH-64D respectively, has emerged as the L1 Vendor.
The Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) cost for 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters is Rs.2468.41 Crores and Rs.3094.98 Crores respectively. However, final cost of the Contracts would depend upon outcome of the Contract negotiation with the L1 Vendor.
All Capital procurements are carried out as per procedure laid down in the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) which ensures conformity to the highest standards of transparency, probity and public accountability.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri JM Aaron Rashid Shri Avtar Singh Bhadanain Lok Sabha today.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:order of AH-64D from India when will be given, chinook inductiin in indian, CH-47F India Deal Latest News 2014, ch 47 india, boeing ch-47 india
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'