The Deccan Herald Indian daily reported the approval for the deal was made on Thursday. India’s Cabinet Committee on Security cleared a request from the Indian Air Force to buy the missiles which will be deployed on its Su-30MKI strike aircraft. The first test of the air-launched missile is due in December, the paper says.
The 10,000 Invar missiles for India’s T-90 tanks will be procured from a Russian manufacturer, but in the future 15,000 will be produced under license by India’s Bharat Technologies, the paper says.
Invar, a laser-guided weapon fired from the T-90’s barrel, is based on the Russian 9M119M missile (NATO AT-11 Sniper).
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:image of Indian army related, Russia-India latest defense anti tank missile deals
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Indonesian Army
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'