The Deccan Herald Indian daily reported the approval for the deal was made on Thursday. India’s Cabinet Committee on Security cleared a request from the Indian Air Force to buy the missiles which will be deployed on its Su-30MKI strike aircraft. The first test of the air-launched missile is due in December, the paper says.
The 10,000 Invar missiles for India’s T-90 tanks will be procured from a Russian manufacturer, but in the future 15,000 will be produced under license by India’s Bharat Technologies, the paper says.
Invar, a laser-guided weapon fired from the T-90’s barrel, is based on the Russian 9M119M missile (NATO AT-11 Sniper).
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:image of Indian army related
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion