Germany on Wednesday halted a major deal to provide a fully equipped training camp to Russian forces, saying any arms trading with Moscow was currently “indefensible”.
The German government said in a statement it was in touch with the defence group, whose contract with the Russian authorities is reported to be worth around 100 million euros ($140 million).
A Rheinmetall spokesman had earlier said the company would fulfil its contractual obligations to build the center, which German media said would train 30,000 soldiers a year.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:buff ly, GermanyhaltsmajorarmsdealwithRussia|Defense&SecurityNewsatDefenceTalk
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation