Germany on Wednesday halted a major deal to provide a fully equipped training camp to Russian forces, saying any arms trading with Moscow was currently “indefensible”.
The German government said in a statement it was in touch with the defence group, whose contract with the Russian authorities is reported to be worth around 100 million euros ($140 million).
A Rheinmetall spokesman had earlier said the company would fulfil its contractual obligations to build the center, which German media said would train 30,000 soldiers a year.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:buff ly, GermanyhaltsmajorarmsdealwithRussia|Defense&SecurityNewsatDefenceTalk
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Where are the Russian weapons in Syria?
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Poland plans to purchase heli platform
- Naval Exercises
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations