Germany’s Economy Ministry has approved plans by defense group Rheinmetall to deliver an armored vehicle assembly plant to Algeria.
Rheinmetall’s delivery to Algeria includes a production line to assemble the Fuchs armored vehicle, as well as other parts valued at more than EUR28 million ($37 million).
The planned factory, located about 400 km east of Algeria’s capital Algiers, is to build nearly 1,000 armored vehicles and parts will be exported to the country, where workers will assemble them. It was earlier reported that 980 Fuchs 2 vehicles will be built as part of a EUR2.7 billion euro deal.
Algeria has agreed not to sell the vehicles to other countries.
Meanwhile, Rheinmetall is also looking to establish a Development Center in South Africa to develop munitions for various international clients and is currently in talks with a potential launch customer.
The new Rheinmetall Development Center will develop munitions ranging from grenades, mortars and artillery shells to rockets and other munitions.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:amored vehicles, GERMANY APPROVES RHEINMETALLARMORED VEHICLE PLANT IN ALGERIA, Germany to establish weapon factory in Algeria, indian army new armored vehicles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Army News and Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- PC GAMES (Defence/Military, Strategy)
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs