NHI is proud to announce that the French Army took delivery of its third NH90 Caiman.
This event took place today in Marignane (Eurocopter Facility) where the helicopter was built.
This NH90 TTH was piloted by a crew from the French ALAT (French Army Aviation). The chief pilot was Major Bellot assisted by Lt Destaminil and Chief warrant officer Gauci.
This helicopter will be based in Le Cannet des Maures Army base where it will be used for intensive flight crew training.
As of today the French Army operates three NH90s in Le Cannet des Maures Army base and Valence.
The crew and industry expressed their satisfaction for the outstanding team work that made the delivery of this fully operational helicopter possible on time.
Several other NH90 deliveries will take place before the end of the year.
Today NHI and its partner companies delivered 125 NH90s in naval and tactical transport variants.
This helicopter is fully operational and already combat proven in Afghanistan with the Italian Army. The Italian crews particularly appreciated the high availability and the outstanding performances of this new generation helicopter in the most demanding conditions.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates