Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > DefenceTalk Management > Suggestions/Feedback
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Re: DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

This is a discussion on Re: DT Hall of Shame - Ban List within the Suggestions/Feedback forum, part of the DefenceTalk Management category; As one of the people who posted a comment recently in the DT Hall of Shame - Ban List I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old March 15th, 2007   #1
Ship Watcher
Brigadier General
Threads:
Re: DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

As one of the people who posted a comment recently in the DT Hall of Shame - Ban List I now feel a bit red faced after reading gf0012-aust's request in Post 207. I think gf is spot on with his comments and I now think it would be good to keep this purely as a list to advise us of members who have been temporarily or permanently banned. I think there is a danger of the list losing its effect if people add unnecessary comments to what Webs or the Mods say.

Should posting in this list be restricted to Webs or Mods only? The thread could be closed after each entry and then reopened on a temporary basis when another addition (hopefully not me!) has to be made.

Cheers
Tasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007   #2
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:
Good point. We will lock that thread to avoid any unncessary comments from the users.

Thanks and enjoy!

Got a problem? Need help? Contact me!
WebMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007   #3
Brigadier General
Threads:
Webbie is there any way to stop the same spamers posting more than once? We had two in the same night.
Ozzy Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007   #4
Ship Watcher
Brigadier General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Blizzard View Post
Webbie is there any way to stop the same spamers posting more than once? We had two in the same night.
Ozzy,

Check the announcement made today by Webs, in Additions, new features, etc. in Announcements , that new members will not be able to attach URLs/LINKS to their posts until they have submitted 15 posts. I reckon that, and another procedure with people who have less than ten posts, will stop most of them. People won't be able to join and immediately start sending spam.

Cheers
Tasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007   #5
Brigadier General
Threads:
cheers mate.
Ozzy Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: