UAE SEEKS AUSTRALIAN SECURITY SYSTEM

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
ABU DHABI [MENL] -- The United Arab Emirates is said to be close to an agreement to purchase an Australian security system.

UAE sources said Australia's Defense Ministry has been negotiating with the UAE for the sale of a command, control, communications and intelligence [C3I] system to Abu Dhabi. An Australian defense delegation, headed by Brig. Gen. R.C. Brown, discussed the sale during a visit Abu Dhabi in December 2003 and briefed UAE commanders on a reconnaissance and observation system along the borders of the emirates.

The Australian system, which was not identified, would constitute part of a security fence along the UAE border with Oman. The UAE has long tried to prevent the infiltration of illegal aliens and smugglers, many of them Iranian and Afghan nationals.

The sources said the proposed project would include the construction of command and control stations along the border as well as training for UAE security personnel. They said the Australian system would be also effective against infiltration from the sea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://menewsline.com/stories/2004/june/06_30_4.html

Now, if I was a betting man, I'd be guessing that from the description we have sold them the SWR version of JORN. The function and range seems to indicate that.

adsH

UAE is this Economic Magnet that draws two kinds of people Ritch people for there holidays and work, andthe second are the unskilled low-pay Workers either legal or Illegal
GF do you have any idea how the detection system works ie its Visual based motion sensor based or IR body heat based system. i get the part where they say it uses the C3i network system.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's the system I am thinking of, then it is a Surface Wave Receiver. The technology was an offshoot of the JORN system, but for much smaller ranges. ie I would assume that the export version would be less than 500km in range

It can be slaved into an existing commercial air traffic detection system as well. It is a fairly powerful system if it's been integrated into the available existing networks. It has the capacity to detect very small boats at sea, as well as vehicle movements on land (especially in isolated areas.)