Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Space & Defense Technology
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

LMV-6.jpg

LMV-4.jpg

LMV-3.jpg

LMV-2.jpg
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Pakistans misssile defence systems

This is a discussion on Pakistans misssile defence systems within the Space & Defense Technology forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Ha guys I was just woundering if anyone knows anything about Pakistans missile defence system and when Pakistan is going ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old July 18th, 2007   #1
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
Pakistans misssile defence systems

Ha guys I was just woundering if anyone knows anything about Pakistans missile defence system and when Pakistan is going to induct new missiles and what type?

I would also like to know if Pakistan has taken steps to produce a demestic air defence missile system?
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007   #2
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Lightbulb Hq-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Ha guys I was just woundering if anyone knows anything about Pakistans missile defence system and when Pakistan is going to induct new missiles and what type?

I would also like to know if Pakistan has taken steps to produce a demestic air defence missile system?

pakistan has a very robust missile defece system.

they have the deadly HQ-9 ( Ft-2000 )

also there is news that pakistan is acquiring the HQ-17 along with the VERA-E systems.

very soon pakistan is going to get the RAM missile for it's naval ships.

nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007   #3
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
That is great news. I heard that Pakistan was in the process of making it's own missile defence system is that true?
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007   #4
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Can you tell me if HQ-9 is actually based on US patriot system or Russian S-300 system?

When Pakistan actually purchased the system from China... any idea.
layer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007   #5
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Arrow Hq-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by layer3 View Post
Can you tell me if HQ-9 is actually based on US patriot system or Russian S-300 system?

When Pakistan actually purchased the system from China... any idea.

The Hongqi-9 (HQ-9) is a long-range, high-altitude, surface-to-air missile system developed and manufactured by China, designed to track and destroy aircraft, cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, and tactical ballistic missiles. It incorporates technology from the Russian S-300P (NATO: SA-10 Grumble), the U.S. Patriot missile, and preexisting Chinese systems. (1) At present, China is outfitting its Type 052C destroyers with a naval variant of the HQ-9.(2)

. It is important to note, however, that the HQ-9 has been in development since the mid-1990s. In 1993, China purchased a large batch of S-300P missiles from Russia, and allegedly obtained a copy of the U.S. Patriot missile from Israel (although Israel denies that such a transfer took place).(10) The Chinese immediately began incorporating the S-300P and Patriot technology into their own air and missile defense system, the HQ-9. In 1997, the U.S. Office of Naval Intelligence suggested that “technology from advanced Western systems may be incorporated into the HQ-9.”(11) That same year, an official at a Russian missile design bureau acknowledged that the HQ-9 would incorporate the Patriot guidance and propulsion systems, thus confirming U.S. suspicions.(12)

According to missile defense expert David A. Fulghum, “[the HQ-9] uses a seeker-aided ground guidance system. The seeker on the missile sends target data back to the ground, which then correlates the target data for an intercept.”(13) It is assumed that the HQ-9’s seeker is similar to the Patriot’s “Track-via-Missile” guidance system.(14) Such a system, if actually used by the Chinese, would allow the HQ-9 interceptor missile to fly straight toward its target and explode at the point of nearest approach, thus completely destroying the incoming ballistic missile (or aircraft) or knocking it far enough off course so that it misses its intended target. During the Persian Gulf War, the U.S. Patriot Advanced Capability-2 system, which employs “Track-via-Missile,” destroyed its targets between 40 and 70 percent of the time.

In addition to its land-based deployments, the HQ-9 has been recently modified to complement China’s burgeoning naval forces. Over the past few months, the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) hasoutfitted two Type 052C destroyers with naval variants of the HQ-9, estimated to have a range of 65 nautical miles. Each Type 052C destroyer (similar to the U.S. Aegis destroyer) has six vertical launchers carrying approximately 36 missiles, as well as a phased-array radar system.(15) Initial reports indicate that the naval HQ-9 has a range of 65 nautical miles. The Type 052C destroyers will most likely be based at either Guangzhou or Zhanjiang.(16)

In October 2003, it was announced that China had sold its FT-2000 anti-radiation system, which uses HQ-9 missiles, to Pakistan as part of the latter’s military buildup against India. Many U.S. defense analysts predict that, over the next few years, the HQ-9 and its variants will be aggressively exported throughout Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.

. PAKISTAN GOT THE HQ-9 in 2004-2005

Old July 19th, 2007   #6
Entertainer
General
Threads:
Nero,

Remember to provide the source, i.e. a link to where you got it from.

Here it is:

http://www.missilethreat.com/missile...tem_detail.asp
Old July 20th, 2007   #7
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
That is great news. I heard that Pakistan was in the process of making it's own missile defence system is that true?
Yes Pakistan is working on it's Anza which was started as Shoulder Sam and now this year Pakistan Inducted Anza-3 of 13-15 Km range with improved Infrared vision And better couter measures.

Last edited by seaprince; July 20th, 2007 at 09:25 AM.
seaprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007   #8
Defense Enthusiast
Master Sergeant
Threads:
Didn't they finish developing anza-3 almost 2 years ago
XaNDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007   #9
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaNDeR View Post
Actually those were improved versions of Anza-2 which were wrongly thought to be the Anza-3.
seaprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007   #10
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero View Post

pakistan has a very robust missile defece system.

they have the deadly HQ-9 ( Ft-2000 )

also there is news that pakistan is acquiring the HQ-17 along with the VERA-E systems.

very soon pakistan is going to get the RAM missile for it's naval ships.

I have read an article some where which states that VERA-E system has actually been leased to Pakistan (Not Sold). Can any one tell me what is the lease period plus how this system is integrated with existing defence systems such as HQ-9.
As far as I know VERA-A is just a 3D target tracking system based on sensors with Microwave link.
layer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007   #11
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
What is the Technical details of Anaza 2 or 3 in comparision of HQ 9 ?
ahussains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007   #12
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahussains View Post
What is the Technical details of Anaza 2 or 3 in comparision of HQ 9 ?

how can u even compare the two ??

while the ANZA-II/III is portable & shouldered fired the HQ-9 is a ground based system.

Old July 21st, 2007   #13
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero View Post

how can u even compare the two ??

while the ANZA-II/III is portable & shouldered fired the HQ-9 is a ground based system.

sorry dude i ask the worng question i am in hurry to closeing by PC ..
ahussains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007   #14
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Question Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaNDeR View Post

xander yaar !!

any news on the RAM missile system that pakistan was supposed to get from turkey ??

please update if possible.

Old July 22nd, 2007   #15
Super Moderator
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Okay Nero, stop now. Pakistan does not have HQ-9 or the export version FT-2000. All it has are some HQ-2, Crotale and such. It is looking to improve its air defence, but we will see what that entails.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: