Echelon

Analyst

Does anybody has any information on the old ECHELON electronic surveillance system. I say 'old' because it's been around for some time now. I am also looking for info an the UKUSA agreement. Furthermore, I read somewhere that France, China and Russia have all been working on their own large-scale electronic surveillance system.

I read the European Parliament Repport and a lot of Jim & Jane conspiracy webpages BS, but I am looking for more substancial sources.

mug

Perhaps try a search round the NZ media sites. There's been the occasional article on the Waihopai (?) station here. Just be wary of the sources.

XEROX

There is actually a listening pod which houses the ECHELON hardware near my City, its in a place called Menwith Hill, the only one in the U.K i think.

LouDobb

I downloaded a History Channel full show about it awhile back. It even featured interviews with Gen. Hayden.

Echelon: The Worlds most Secret Spy System
or something to that effect.

Search the various Internet video sources and you can proably still find it someplace.

bjt

Not much chance. Former insiders are bound by official secrets act(s). Plus specific hardware, from intercept through to data-retrieval and then System processing is/was always in state of flux keeping-up with new processing tech and changing targets/transmission systems. Good luck.

Does anybody has any information on the old ECHELON electronic surveillance system. I say 'old' because it's been around for some time now. I am also looking for info an the UKUSA agreement. Furthermore, I read somewhere that France, China and Russia have all been working on their own large-scale electronic surveillance system.

I read the European Parliament Repport and a lot of Jim & Jane conspiracy webpages BS, but I am looking for more substancial sources.

mattyem

What about the UKUSA agreement are you interested in, I know it as the "5 nation agreement" through work and is quite high up in terms of international stabillity.

Admin: Analyst (the original message poster) hasn't posted here for 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator: