Conference Takes Flight In Fighter Jet Simulation

The Watcher

:smokingc: Does this mean we can expect better and newer sim games on military especially the fighter industry? Can't wait to get my hands dirty in those. :D

Defence and Strategic News
Conference Takes Flight In Fighter Jet Simulation
By Karla Redditte

URL of this article:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/printer_1300.shtml
Feb 9, 2004, 07:58

"It's the most maneuverable. It's the stealthiest. And it's got the best integrated package that will help me so that all I've got to do is worry about the big things. And it essentially does everything for you. The hardest airplane in the world to fight would be another one of these," said former Air Force pilot and Lockheed Martin representative Dave McLelland.

The F/A-22 is power - gliding through the clouds with ease, ready to destroy anything with the push of a button.
Engineers from all over the nation, as well as the local media, were able to get a sense of that power in Lockheed Martin's F/A-22 Raptor flight simulator.

"The Raptor is a combination of some very cutting edge technologies, such as stealth, super cruise speed, extreme agility, and information technology that allows the pilot to know what's going on around him all the time," said Lockheed Martin communications manager Greg Caires.

The simulator allows a person to see what a pilot may see on a mission.
Lockheed Martin built the simulator because when the real airplane is turned on, it becomes a top secret facility with lots of classified information displayed.

This is a safe way to explain the benefits of the Raptor while showing educators ways to motivate young people to become engineers.

"The F/A-22 is a next generation fighting jet for the United States Air Force. It's gonna help shorten future wars and save lives," said Caires.

Lockheed Martin branches in Jackson and Meridian are building parts for this airplane.

There are 21 F/A-22 jets built so far.

The company says this project will bring at least 6-million dollars into the state for the next ten years.

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part test part active service but they are not deployed in other countries just one of the airbase in the west coast.

umair

Peace Enforcer
First of all try this simulation(it's the MOAS)
Microprose(now Atari's) FALCON4.0
It's a block 50/52 Falcon study sim, and it's acknowledged in flight sim fanatics' circles that any body who completes this game's campgain is a flight sim champ(makes me one too :smokingc: )
Then go for EA's JANE'S F/A-18 Simulation,a Super Hornet studysim(models weapons and avionics with 90%+ accuracy.Ever launched SLAMM-ER cruise missiles(like mini tomahawks)? ).
P.S the graphics of these games are quite realistic meaning one gets an added feel of reality.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
JANE'S F/A-18? I think the graphic is to bad. The resolution is quite low thus makes the ground target's unseen from the distance. I try to strafe a ground target once, i see it on my FLIR but not on my windshield. The tagets appear only when it is too late to direct my nose to it.