Looking for a 300 AAC Blk AR-15

Guardian52

I'm looking for a gas-piston AR-15 chambered in 300 AAC Blackout. I know there are plenty of ARs in Blk on the market but I cannot seem to find any that are piston driven. I don't really care about the price range or any other details at this point, if y'all could just help me find a rifle with these specifications that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time, have an excellent day.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking for a gas-piston AR-15 chambered in 300 AAC Blackout. I know there are plenty of ARs in Blk on the market but I cannot seem to find any that are piston driven. I don't really care about the price range or any other details at this point, if y'all could just help me find a rifle with these specifications that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time, have an excellent day.
If you've got the money, SIG build their MCX in .300 BLK gas-piston variants. I know it's not really an AR-15 but I imagine it'd be worth considering regardless. Or are you looking for something compatible with other uppers/lowers? The MCX is one of the very, very few rifles I've been able to find online that's both a piston gun and available in .300 BLK...

And I assume you're looking to suppress the gun? Otherwise you could look at a 7.62x39mm piston gun and save an absolute mint on ammunition, but I assume you already knew that...

This guy built his own "pistol" variant, though I don't know enough about the topic to vouch for methods or build quality: https://thisguysguns.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/the-piston-300-blackout-pistol-obtainable-unicorn/

Rock River Arms offer a range of .300 BLK AR-15s, but they're all gas guns. However this is something you can modify yourself with the appropriate parts, can't you? Rock River Arms: LAR-300 .300 BLK

Apparently Adams Arms make a gas-piston AR-15 in .300 BLK but I don't have any information on quality.

Link to an AR15.com post looking for similar info, honestly you might want to try the crowd over there, they'd know a hell of a lot more than me, that's for sure. 300 blackout piston system - AR15.COM

EDIT: Found another possibility, I think. Primary Weapon Systems Mk. 109 with long-stroke piston. The gas block is not adjustable, and it advises using full power ammunition (by which I believe they mean supersonic) in the 110-130 grain range when firing unsuppressed. http://primaryweapons.com/store/product/mk109-rifle/