Voyage of Forgotten Men

Quiller

My father served aboard the heavy cruiser USS INDIANAPOLIS from before Pearl Harbor until she was sunk in 1945. He survived, and stayed in the Navy until the 1960's when he retired. He used to tell me about a book he once read aboard ship called The Voyage of Forgotten Men, which was about the Russo-Japanese Naval War. He hunted for it for years but never found a copy.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen this book? Any idea where I might try to find it? He never remembered the authors or publisher...

Thanks.

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
My father served aboard the heavy cruiser USS INDIANAPOLIS from before Pearl Harbor until she was sunk in 1945. He survived, and stayed in the Navy until the 1960's when he retired. He used to tell me about a book he once read aboard ship called The Voyage of Forgotten Men, which was about the Russo-Japanese Naval War. He hunted for it for years but never found a copy.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen this book? Any idea where I might try to find it? He never remembered the authors or publisher...

Thanks.
Mate are you serious ? It would have been quicker for you to do a google search for the title than post this, I found it in five seconds complete with the author and ISBN number which you can quote to any bookshop in the world to order for you.

Such a post does not make your story believable and looks like an excuse to either raise your post count or to put forward a cock and bull story !

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Thanks.
Mate are you serious ? It would have been quicker for you to do a google search for the title than post this, I found it in five seconds complete with the author and ISBN number which you can quote to any bookshop in the world to order for you.

Such a post does not make your story believable and looks like an excuse to either raise your post count or to put forward a cock and bull story !
I agree it took me less than a minute to find four used copies plus a website with excerpts and commentary. You can get it for US$15.00 plus US$3.99 delivery from Amazon (2 second hand copies available).

Quiller

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree it took me less than a minute to find four used copies plus a website with excerpts and commentary. You can get it for US$15.00 plus US$3.99 delivery from Amazon (2 second hand copies available).
Jeez you folks are absolutely unforgiving. I checked Amazon before I placed this post and got zero results. I figured a military crowd would be more likely to help than not. Well thanks. BTW I just checked Amazon again and it doesn't come up for me. I don't know why.

My father was a Machinist Mate in the engineroom of the Indy throughout the war; he stayed in, served aboard a Destroyer in Korea and was CO of a Mine Sweeping Squadron in Sasebo, Japan in the late '50's early '60's.

And if I wanted to boost the number of my posts, I'd have a lot more than I do.

Quiller

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay I found it via Google. I don't know why I couldn't find it yesterday on Amazon. I'm buying it today... and thanks for the ridicule.

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay I found it via Google. I don't know why I couldn't find it yesterday on Amazon. I'm buying it today... and thanks for the ridicule.
You can hardly be surprised at the responses bud, i'm sure if someone made a similar request that you found very easily via Google that you'd have a fair amount of scepticism