Indian MIG-21 crashes(2nd jet in a week!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARC

:cop
MiG-21 jet crashes in Ambala
14.11 IST 07th Apr 2003

By IndiaExpress Bureau

An Indian Air Force MiG-21 fighter jet crashed into a milk processing plant in Ambala in the northern state of Haryana on Monday.

[/url]http://indiaexpress.com/news/regional/chandigarh/20030407-0.html THIS IS 2 IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!

orange_hawk

man it is sick

one after another, I don't have a clue what kind of BS Red tape keeps from updating or getting rid of the damn plane

Destroyer

Wow even for India who has one of the highlest loss records in the world, this is strange. First a Mig-23 then a Mig-21 within a few days of each other. Shamayel even if they upgrade the plane , I don't think that'll solve the entire problem. The problem is with the Russian Avionics on Board and other outdated equipment. It will be alot safer if they just phased out the Mig-21s and Mig-23. My Deepest Condolences to the pilots' families :( .

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
The pilot ejected safely and thankfully people on the ground were only injured NOT killed. So there is no need to offer condolences. :D :D

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
shamayel said:
The pilot ejected safely and thankfully people on the ground were only injured NOT killed. So there is no need to offer condolences. :D :D
For the poor plane? And the milk factory? So sad!

PakiPatriot

Destroyer said:
Wow even for India who has one of the highlest loss records in the world, this is strange. First a Mig-23 then a Mig-21 within a few days of each other. Shamayel even if they upgrade the plane , I don't think that'll solve the entire problem. The problem is with the Russian Avionics on Board and other outdated equipment. It will be alot safer if they just phased out the Mig-21s and Mig-23. My Deepest Condolences to the pilots' families :( .
yehhhh!
Patriot, u shud know better than that. Insults in such a manner shall not be tolerated - edited by kilo_4que

Destroyer

The pilot ejected safely and thankfully people on the ground were only injured NOT killed. So there is no need to offer condolences.

I meant for the crash of the Mig-23, a number of people died for that.

Bharat_R

Hey guys, we can't be biased, why don't we check out Pakistan's attrition rate...

http://babriet.tripod.com/airforce/attrition/pattrition05.htm

Oh my, Pakistan's attrition rate is worse then India's. See the Mig-21, 23,25, and 27 are old that's why they crash. It's gonna be replaced by the LCA and/or Mirage.

Think about it how many Mirage, Su's or Jaguars crash? Hardly any, so its nothing to do with Indian pilots.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
It all comes down to india is better pakistan is bad forget the truth. :D

"gonna be replaced by the LCA and/or Mirage."

LCA has been in the cookbooks for over 30 years, its not going to happen!

Bharat_R

Sure we can all say that, we can say the M1A2 didn't get inducted, and yes it took long to induct. What about the Eurofighter? They took long, plus the Europeans had the infastructure and yes Europeans... its a joint venture while India did this mainly on their own (got support in design of the LCA, FBW, and some components from US) plus India never had the proper infastructure to make a plane like this. We could always make an FC-1, which would just be a Mig 21 upgraded. Remember that India license produced the Mig 21 so a J-9 wouldn't be difficult to develop but we went for the best.

BTW there is no facts coming from you, I can make all these claims, I can say Pakistan won't have BVR and say face the facts you guys won't get the Derby (which Pakistan won't be getting), and would have to get Chinese BVR. T :D

But then again it wouldn't matter Pakistan is getting the F-22. :D

kilo_4que

Aham, my friend I dont think u quite understand. First of all my friend, the reason why ure advance fighter have a low if not null crash rate is due to the flight time. Indian pilots hardly ever get a chance to fly the likes of Su-27s, Su-30s and mig-29s. Likewise, less chance of crashing.

Regards to BVRs, why is it that u make such a mockery of ure self. Everyone knows pakistan will aquire BVRs, just to make ure self happy, y is it that u dont believe it.

Just wait and see, they shall invest in a lot of advance arms in the near future.

Also could u shine more light on where u keep on posting about Pakistan and the F-22s, either it is sarcasm or u really have read it somewhere

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
I think India must upgrade its fleet because mig 21 are too old to fly Pakistan is also upgrading its fleet to replace its A-5's and also its transport PIA folker planes with swedish planes

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
IAF should just ground them. They have good line up & minusing MiG-21 wont make it worse. They r just there waisting IAF's time, money & Pilots.

aaaditya

india has 400+mig21's and 200+mig23's(mig23's are being retired now),so if mig21's are also retired then it will reduce iaf strength by more than 50%.india will be left wth 40 su-30's,60 mirage2000's,160 mig27's,70 mig29's.:coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.