Two Turkish stealth Corvette "Milgem" to Indenosia...

assslan

Turkish-Indonesian political relations, which date as far back as the 16th century, are set for new expansions. On his second day of formal visit, Turkish President Abdullah Gül met Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. The two leaders also attended the Turkish- Indonesian Commerce and Investment Forum, organized by Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists of Turkey (TUSCON), Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) and Independent Industrialists and Businessmen's Association (MUSIAD). The forum served as a platform for 150 Turkish businessmen accompanying Mr. Gul in Indonesia to meet 600 Indonesian counterparts. In comment to the official visit, Mr. Yudhonoyo said a new era will start in bilateral relations. “We agreed to make and extensive strategic cooperation in order to cement ties with Turkey” he said. Mr. Yudhonoyo aslo emphasized that Indonesia has begun preparation of a 15 year master plan which envisages about 300 billion dollars of investment and invited Turkish businessmen to “take their share”. President Gul, pointed out to the current modest commercial relations and called both sides to invest reciprocally. Both leaders agreed that current trade volume that stands at 1,7 billion USD should be improved to almost 5 billion USD at the first stage, later to be further developed to 10 billion USD level.
2 billion USD deal
The visit also earned Turkey an important deal in defense industries field. According to the protocol signed between two countries, Turkey is commissioned to build two naval vessels within the scope of MILGEM project. Acoording to sources, the 2 billion USD deal will also involve modernisation of Indonesian fleet. In addition to this protocol, the two countries also signed a number of other diplomatic agreements including visa exemption for special and service passports.

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's generally preferred that if someone wants to post about an article that they actually include their own opinions and thoughts on the matter rather than just merely copy'n'pasting, it's rather silly, especially as it doesn't really provoke discussion (which is, really, the job of a forum)

I suggest a read of the rules too, another thread you've started is veering very close to a 'this versus that' thread about a Turkish tank of some description when you start asking about comparisons to other MBTs.

www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

assslan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's generally preferred that if someone wants to post about an article that they actually include their own opinions and thoughts on the matter rather than just merely copy'n'pasting, it's rather silly, especially as it doesn't really provoke discussion (which is, really, the job of a forum)

I suggest a read of the rules too, another thread you've started is veering very close to a 'this versus that' thread about a Turkish tank of some description when you start asking about comparisons to other MBTs.
thanks your remembering...

I forgot my question about this text and you remembered me ;)
I wonder that how can the price be 2 billions US Dolar for two milgem I think so much. ok. there is some upgrading in this deal but I think so expensive. how much is a milgem price?

nvrgtgnjdgd

In addition to this protocol, the two countries also signed a number of other diplomatic agreements including visa exemption for special and service passports.

Sandhi Yudha

a good video of milgem...
youtube.com/watch?v=kK3LLDcnjjU
Thanks for posting, a really great looking stealthy corvette/fregat...
According to the protocol signed between two countries, Turkey is commissioned to build two naval vessels within the scope of MILGEM project. Acoording to sources, the 2 billion USD deal will also involve modernisation of Indonesian fleet. In addition to this protocol, the two countries also signed a number of other diplomatic agreements including visa exemption for special and service passports.
Ive nothing heard about this on Indonesian media reports, but it should be fantastic news.
Perfect to supplement the four SIGMA 9113 corvettes already in use and the single SIGMA 10514 frigate on order, built bij Dutch Koninklijke Schelde/Damen Shipyard, which also using radar and sensor systems from Hollandse Signaal/Thales Nederland like the Milgem class.

Sandhi Yudha

thanks your remembering...

I forgot my question about this text and you remembered me ;)
I wonder that how can the price be 2 billions US Dolar for two milgem I think so much. ok. there is some upgrading in this deal but I think so expensive. how much is a milgem price?
According to Türkiye’nin ürettiði ilk savaþ gemisi ‘Heybeliada’ seyirde - Hürriyet Gündem the TCG Heybeliada is about US$260 million.
Maybe the rest of the amount, $1.480.000.000, will be used for training, spareparts, transfer of technology, and maybe the plan is to upgrade the six obsolete Ahmad Yani/Van Speijk Class frigates.

But i worry about one thing:
According to [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgem[/ame] , the Milgem class use these Anti-aircraft missiles:
21 x RAM (PDMS)
Mk.41 VLS for ESSM (TF-100 class).
I dont know if the US will allow Turkye to export these sophisticated hightech weapons to us....