Al-khalid Vs T-90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oqaab

A Small Comparison Between Al-Khalid and T-90.

Crew

AL-Khalid = 3
T-90 = 3

Combat Weight

Al-Khalid = 48,000 kg
T-90 = 46,500 kg

Engine

Al-Khalid = 1200 horsepower
T-90 = 840 horsepower

Maximum Speed

Al-Khalid = 72 km/hr
T-90 = 65 km/hr

Maximum Range

Al-Khalid = 450 kms
T-90 = 500

Vertical Obstacle

Al-Khalid = 0.85 m
T-90 = 0.85

Fording

Al-Khalid = without preparation 1.4 metres
T-90 = without preparation 1.2 metres

Trench

Al-Khalid = 2.7 m
T-90 = 2.8 m

Armament

Al-Khalid

(main): 1 x 125 mm gun 125mm Smooth Bore, Chrome Plated, Auto fret aged
Circular Carousel Type: (Cassette Type) 22 Rounds / Minute 6-8

FCS/GCS : Type: Image Stabilized (3rd generation director type stabilization), Optics: LASER protected (coaxial): 1 x 7.62 mm MG
(anti-aircraft): 1 x 12.7 mm MG
Smoke grenade dischargers: 2 x 6, can also lay smoke screen by injecting diesel into the exhaust outlets at the rear

GUNNER SIGHT : Type Integrated, Bi-axis Stabilized Day/Night, Tl, LRF
Magnification Dual, 3x & 1 Ox
Field of View 20° & 6°

COMMANDER SIGHT:
Type Panoramic,
Bi-Axis stabilized,

LRF, 2nd Generation IIT
Hunter-Killer Capability
Magnification 7.5x
Field of View 7 . 5
LRF : Type ND YAG
Range200 ~ 5000m
AUTO TRACKER: Tracking Error < 0.1 mils Interfaced with Gunner Day Sight & Tl

T-90

1 x 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun with 43 rounds.
...............1 x 12.7mm NSVT anti-aircraft gun with 300 rounds. [1]
...............1 x 7.62mm PKT co-axial machine gun with 2000 rounds.
...............1 x 5.45mm AKS-74 rifle, carried on storage rack, with 300 rounds. [2]
[1] The 12.7mm NSVT, mounted on the commander's contra-rotating copula which can be aimed and fired under complete armour protection, uses the PZU-7 machine gun sight and the 1ETs29 (with vertical stabilisation) machine gun FCS (Fire Control System).
[2] The locally-produced 5.56mm INSAS Assault Rifle <http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Rifles.html> will likely be used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The question is which tank will give better results in a possible war???

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Not a huge difference between the two but looks like the Al-Khalid has the qualitative edge. But I bet Indians are gonna dispute the point. :nonsense

Oqaab

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First we all have to remember that Indians brought T-90s to counter our T-80UD tanks. They believe that their upgraded T-72s are enough for Al-Khalids.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Pakistan's indigenous heavy industries are one of the best in the region to say the least with the exception of China. Al Khalid is more than a match for whatever India has. :smokingc:

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Oqaab just look at the results. I mean Pakistan has the Al-Khalid, Al-Zarrar upgrade, Al-Talha, Saad etc etc etc. under its belt while India is still working on the Arjun.

Oqaab

shamayel,

I was talking about Al-Khalid's performance, not of HIT. :)

nqbaig

Well, Machine is dependent on its operator and Pakistanis having edge over Indians on that.
Pakistan Zindabad

Oqaab

Pakistan also has a technical edge Indian army anyways.

The only difference I see in these tanks is that T-90 has the capability of staying away from ATGMs.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Idea ! :idea2 increase the AL- Khalid's frontal armour (any good sabot round could peneterate what it has).Should we look towards developin atop attack guided round similar to the STAFF round developed by the US as it will give us an advantage in tackling dug in armour as well as low flying choppers.(The STAFF has an infrared homing head which increases it's chances of hitting dug in armour & since it's atop attack round it will hit the targets on their heads where armour is almost non existant.The homing head & a high muzzle velocity would in an engagement with choppers make it a tank launched heat seeking sam, thereby increasin the tank's selfe defence capability against choppers.)Also the autoloader should be taken out and a loader included in the crew.This cause of the fact that Ammo of the type loaded in the auto loader cannot be changed untill the round in the breech has been expended this could mean in battle a sabot round may have tobe fired at a bunker before the requisite HE or HEAT round thereby wastin good ammo. :smokingc:

umair

Peace Enforcer
In order to get realy accurate info about the Al-Khalid I suggest visiting this site:

[/url]www.pakistanidefence.com
(Someone I know in the army told me that this site has the most accurate specs regarding the Al-Khalid)
PS Irealy think that this tank could use a bit more frontal armour and an IVIS in it's electronics suite.[/list][/list]

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
The Al-Khalid is named after the great Muslim general Khalid-bin-Waleed who never lost a battle and used to say "My army loves death as much as your army loves life."

Mujahid

yes khalid-bin-waleed was indeed a great person.

There are only 2 generals in history that remained undefeated - Khalid Bin Waleed and ghengis khan.

wasalam,

Mujahid :cop

Oqaab

Lets get back to the topic guys.

I would like to see an upgraded version of Al-khalid with Shotra-1 system installed and lighter weight which will make it more manoverable !!!

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
I agree with umair on the fact that the frontal armour needs to be increased little bit. But will it impede performance by adding too much weight?? or will the Ukrainian engine be able to handle it?? :?

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
I think the Ukranian engine can handle it but wat the al-khalid cant give up is its maneuvearability and technology so i say no 2 more armour cuz i think its enuff and a tanks gotta die when it has 2

Status
Not open for further replies.