THE PAF FLEET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londo Molari

Right now (2003) now we have:

28 F-16s (we have abour 31 but they are grounded, need spares)
125 F-7s
51 F-7PGs (advanced F-7s)
87 Mirage IIIs
95 Mirage Vs (modified Mirage III for strike role)
40 A-5Cs (modified Mig-27 for strike role)

More reliable, but older figures for 2001 are:
F-16A 21
F-16B 11
F-7PG 45
FT-7PG 6
F-7P 120
FT-7P 1 5
Mirage IIIO 43
Mirage IIIOD 7
Mirage IIIEP 18
Mirage IIIDP 8
Mirage IIIRP 12
Mirage 5 PA/PA-2/PA-3 58
Mirage 5 EF 34
Mirage 5 DPA 4
A-5C 40

Oqaab

Londo Molari said:

28 ? I think PAF is operating 32 F-16 out of 35 (or 37). BTW from where did u got this info ?

umair

Peace Enforcer
Oqaab said:
Londo Molari said:

28 ? I think PAF is operating 32 F-16 out of 35 (or 37). BTW from where did u got this info ?
U'r right Oqaab, I have just again confirmed from my uncle in PAF that all 32 Falcons are flying, there have been no groundings since last 2 years.Spares are a plenty & training time on the Falcons is again back up. :pak

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
I agree there are 32 falcons but i dont think im sure abt the spares thingy...Hey! didnt we give china an F-16 4 their J-10 project?

Oqaab

corsair7772 said:
I agree there are 32 falcons but i dont think im sure abt the spares thingy...Hey! didnt we give china an F-16 4 their J-10 project?
No, we provided an F-16 for JF-17 project in 1990.

Londo Molari

32 is a very old figure... I guess it sounds right.

I think we provided China with F-16, but it was returned. Although I don't know if it can still fly after they took it apart. And it was probably used to aid in both J-10 and JF-17 designs.

himeed

Does the US know we gave China an F-16?? if they do,are they Ok with it..will this prevent sales of more advanced aircraft to pakistan for fear that we amy give to China to reverse engineer?

Rish

Does the US know we gave China an F-16?? if they do,are they Ok with it..will this prevent sales of more advanced aircraft to pakistan for fear that we amy give to China to reverse engineer?
The US does know that pakistan handed over an F-16 to China and obviously the US wasn't ok with it. they had a lot of contriversy on whether or not to sell more F-16's to pakistan. i mean what country would be okay with having their fighter tech given away to a possibly hostile enemy? At this point the US will not sell any fighter more advanced then the F-16 due to fears of having the fighter comprimised. The F-16 is already considered obsolete by US standards and so the US is willing to transfer the fighters to countries like india and pakistan.

Big-E

Banned Member
The frame might be obsolete but the avionics aren't compared to what PLAAF has. If PAFs avionics packages end up going to China they might as well consider themselves cut off. Once the Pakistani elections are held it's rather precarious how our relationship is going to stand anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.