B-52 grave yard?

Winter

The unit storing the aircraft is known as the 'Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Centre as most planes are not actually destroyed but maintained in a flyable condition....Though I think the B-52s are being destroyed as part of some arms-limitation treaties or other...

You might want to check out the quite impressive birds-eye view photography of the air base at Microsoft's TerraServer.

I think it is known as Davis-Montham Air Force Base though you may find it in 'Famous Places.'

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
WTF, that many bombers? and thier gettin rid of em?? :( B-52 are kool..remember how Pakistan stole one :D ahh..those were the days of fat and slow stinky planes..i still like the B-52 tho..

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The B-52's are still tagged for another 40 years of strategic operations as stand off platforms etc...

If they go the distance that will mean they have been flying for 90 years.

Not bad for an old bomber. Whenever I see one I think of Dale Browns book.

umair

Peace Enforcer
This Behemoth was in my opinion the best heavy bomber ever.(just take a look at all the variants and the roles they undertook.From nuke carrier to support of ground troops,ALCM carrier,SRAM carrier,strategic bomber,antishipping(can't remember the variant) etc etc) :usa

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
man i cant find it...but i swear they stole one, i went to the Pak Air Show in Pakistan in like 2000, and they had an indian B-52 Bomber :D right beside thier own..the B-52 was a lil beat up..and had a lighter shade of green.

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
IM NOT BULLSHITTING! >_< its not my fault ppl cant put real info on the net, wat am i supposed to do?

i saw it at the stinkin Air show!!, i missed out on the F-16 Take off..but the fighters were all there..landed, and in the back..i saw TWO B-52..now NO IDIOT is gonna have 2 B-52's for no reason, And my dad AND uncle told me that thats the B-52 that Pakistan took from India, My uncle and Father would NEVER LIE, My father was born in 1954, therefore hes been in the 1965 and 71 war..my Uncle who is a Major in the Army fought in these wars..Now you think they would lie? why?

ill try and look up info..but i dunno wat to type, go try finding it yourself..and if u think im bullshitting contact ur Paki family and you'll get the same response.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
B-52 that Pakistan took from India,
Majin-Vegeta, India never had B-52, and Pakistan does not have any of those bombers. You've got the wrong info and its not wise to make a fool out of your self by posting unconfirmed and false info.

:arrow: B-52 were USAF, are USAF and will always be USAF ONLY as far as I see it.

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I concur with WebMaster, not a single operational B-52 has ever been loaned, sold, stolen by or given to a foreign interest. It is possible however that those were none flying hulks (static displays), we have a few on display in private museums in the US.

Winter

I certainly feel the US will attempt to maintain a small group of B-52s several years after the mainstream degeneration around 2045...It would be worth it to have the world's first 100-year-old aircraft design operation cycle...A major political and public victory, courtesy of the United States Air Force. :roll

Still years off though...Dammit, I hope I'm there to see it.

:frosty

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
eww! no, that things as small as a stinkin fighter..that thing was HUGE and had boxed windows on its face everywhere!, ill try n look for a pic atleast to show u how it looked like...