Has Pakistan exported Al-Khalid MBT?

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
The initial evaluation by the Saudis is complete and now some "sample" tanks have been sent to Saudi Arabia for more rigorous testing. Initial testing was done by Saudi Army inside Pakistan in desert conditions (reportedly near Bahawalpur). I think this tank would make a nice complement to the Saudi M1 Abrams.

Roger Smith

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
shamayel said:
The initial evaluation by the Saudis is complete and now some "sample" tanks have been sent to Saudi Arabia for more rigorous testing. Initial testing was done by Saudi Army inside Pakistan in desert conditions (reportedly near Bahawalpur). I think this tank would make a nice complement to the Saudi M1 Abrams.
Saudis could easily buy 500 Al-Khalid MBT to boost Pakistan arms industry, if it wish so to do, as funds are not a factor for the Saudis.

Roger Smith

Sometime back, I heard Bangladesh was interested in Al-Khalid MBT. Has anybody information on this aspect?

joker

I dont think Bangladesh will be making any more progress on that front. Although interestingly enough Pakistan is in talks with Turkey for a potential deal to upgrade and market the AK .

Roger Smith

joker said:
I dont think Bangladesh will be making any more progress on that front. Although interestingly enough Pakistan is in talks with Turkey for a potential deal to upgrade and market the AK .
Great, I hope there is good news between Pakistan and Turkey defence pact on Al-Khalid.

Faisal_Masud

Be alerted please!
Pakistan and bangladesh have decided to increase the assistance in the field of defence.Bangladesh will buy many weapons from Pakistan and I am sure they will buy Al-Khalid tank too. :)

Soldier

Faisal_Masud said:
Be alerted please!
Pakistan and bangladesh have decided to increase the assistance in the field of defence.Bangladesh will buy many weapons from Pakistan and I am sure they will buy Al-Khalid tank too. :)

Kindly post a link for this information. Besides I wonder from where is Bangldesh going to get money to buy Tanks from Pakistan. In Bangladeshi forums I have read, that they have to ground their aircrafts also because of fuel expense and maintainance. :roll

mysterious

good point there. Its hight time Islamic countries started helping each other out technologically, financially and morally!

virtual

At the momment Pakistan is not in a position to export Al-Khalid as they have to meet their own requirements first and annual production is also not very high.I read somewhere(dont remember link) that turkey is interested in investing money in project and increase annual production as they also wana get this tank but after some more improvements.I think Saudia will also do the same after evaluation of this tank.

mysterious

Yes Turkish officials will be meeting their Pakistani counterparts to discuss the issue of Al-Khalid MBT. Its a well known issue in this forum :smokingc:

Faisal_Masud

That's no new news because Bangladesh Army members visited Pakistan for increasing the relation b/w Pak and Bangladesh..Pak will sell them on cheap rates. :)

Soldier

Faisal_Masud said:
That's no new news because Bangladesh Army members visited Pakistan for increasing the relation b/w Pak and Bangladesh..Pak will sell them on cheap rates. :)
As far as I know Faisal, Bangladesh does not have a dime to fly their Airforce and you are talking about them buying AL-KHALID. Obviously Bangladesh has to be interested since it is a classic Fighting Machine, but I am not able to believe about the financial conditions of Bangladesh. Can you post any link even from Bangladeshi newspapers which may mention that government has allocated that much money or something of the type to show that Bangladesh is really going to buy it?