Some subcategories added. ;)

Hope you all enjoy in the coming days. :D

Yes, Enjoy!!!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: The News page

Major Part of the rework has been completed. There is some work to be done but nothing that will impact normal functionality:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/index.php

Changed the file extention from .shtml to .php to accomodate database changes coming in fall. We will be switching to mySQL based database, which is very fast and efficient.
If you can't find certain artcle with .shtml extention, change it to .php and it should go where it needs to.

Any questions, suggestions? Please feel free to share.

Enjoy!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

WebMaster said:
Major Part of the rework has been completed. There is some work to be done but nothing that will impact normal functionality:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/index.php

Changed the file extention from .shtml to .php to accomodate database changes coming in fall. We will be switching to mySQL based database, which is very fast and efficient.
If you can't find certain artcle with .shtml extention, change it to .php and it should go where it needs to.

Any questions, suggestions? Please feel free to share.

Enjoy!
gets my thumbs up, but shouldn't you be spending more time with your new wife?? ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

gf0012-aust said:
gets my thumbs up, but shouldn't you be spending more time with your new wife?? ;)
:D

Yah! I only do this when she is busy. Otherwise, it's impossible for me to sit here. ;) Idea of a 2nd wife is just not popular with ladies anymore... :p:

WebMaster said:
:D

Yah! I only do this when she is busy. Otherwise, it's impossible for me to sit here. ;) Idea of a 2nd wife is just not popular with ladies anymore... :p:
Are you just married Webmaster ? Congratulation for you :)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

Webs marrige is old new now...where have u been myst..sleeping? ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Thanks!

Lets not turn this thread into some chit chat area.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Having some unusual issues with the news page. Stay tuned as it is being worked on. :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Related news feature added to the Land Forces, Military Aviation, Naval Forces and Missile sections on the News Page.

The news there are linked from external website all over the internet and are updated very often automatically... (20, 30, 40 minutes, etc).

See image for a visual

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The News section has been updated with latest software. Each topic (air force, navy, army, etc. etc.) has its own section, it is database driven now rather than flatfile/pearl backend...supposed to be faster.

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/

The articles published 10.24.2006 and BEFORE are not longer available through their old URL... please search for the article using the search feature until we are use to the new format. ;)

Article tools and bookmarking/article tagging links added to the article pages alogn with some other enhancements.

Comments?

Thanks and enjoy!

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last post is something from over 5 years ago, what's the point?

If you wish to discuss or comment about a news article, then where's the problem in linking the article in an appropriate thread and then chatting about it? I do it all the time, personally it seems best to discuss news articles in a place designed to facilitate discussion, like the forum.

Please check the date of the last post in a thread before making a comment, there comes a point where is it even worth commenting on something 5+ years old? Please finish this habit mate, it's a bit tedious