Looking for an old friend - please help

Jeannette

I'm looking for an old friend of mine from high school. :unknown He joined the Navy in 1994 and served on the US Saipan from 1995-? His name is James Roberts. He enlisted from Great Falls, MT and before living in Great Falls he lived in Lompoc, CA. We lost contact in 1998 and shortly after that I joined the Air Force, so with all the moving around we both have done it's been nearly impossible to find him. Please if any of you know him or served with him and know where he may be please let me know how to contact him.
Thank you for your help. :)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I'm looking for an old friend of mine from high school. :unknown He joined the Navy in 1994 and served on the US Saipan from 1995-? His name is James Roberts. He enlisted from Great Falls, MT and before living in Great Falls he lived in Lompoc, CA. We lost contact in 1998 and shortly after that I joined the Air Force, so with all the moving around we both have done it's been nearly impossible to find him. Please if any of you know him or served with him and know where he may be please let me know how to contact him.
Thank you for your help. :)
Try contacting the USNI and see if they have any contact details for associations dealing with USS Saipan. If there is a ship specific organisation existing, then they will do their best.

Remember that there will be privacy issues, so any org is likely to pass your
details on and leave it up to the individual. They are highly unlikely to give you direct access if they do have contact details.