Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Navy & Maritime
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Lateral Transfer

This is a discussion on Lateral Transfer within the Navy & Maritime forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me information on or know someone who i can talk to about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old January 25th, 2013   #1
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Lateral Transfer

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me information on or know someone who i can talk to about getting a lateral transfer from the canadian navy to the RAN? I am a serving member of the submarine community and would very much like to transfer over. I have been on the ADF website, and i think i have a general idea, but i am very much still in the dark about the proper way to do this. I want the transition to be as smooth and essentially painless as dealing with a military can be. Also i want to make sure i do it proper the first time. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated!

cheers
b_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can u keep your officer rank if u transfer to anouther countries military emmaa34 Army & Security Forces 5 March 4th, 2012 05:43 AM
Transfer of tanks Stimpy75 Geo-strategic Issues 5 August 31st, 2006 05:18 AM
Malaysia To Buy Chinese Missiles for Technology Transfer yasin_khan Space & Defense Technology 0 August 1st, 2004 06:12 AM
F-16 & technology transfer for IAF XEROX Air Force & Aviation 55 July 15th, 2004 07:37 PM

Old January 25th, 2013   #2
Defense Professional / Analyst
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_alex View Post
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me information on or know someone who i can talk to about getting a lateral transfer from the canadian navy to the RAN? I am a serving member of the submarine community and would very much like to transfer over. I have been on the ADF website, and i think i have a general idea, but i am very much still in the dark about the proper way to do this. I want the transition to be as smooth and essentially painless as dealing with a military can be. Also i want to make sure i do it proper the first time. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated!

cheers
Contact DFR
Recruitment Centre: FAQ - Defence Jobs Australia
StoresBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013   #3
Just Hatched
Private
Threads:
Lateral Transfer

I too am interseted in doing the lateral transfer and I have been at since Dec 2012, it is a long ordeal. Been in for almost 20 years here in the Canadian Military and I am trying to way my options here. Realize it can take up to 2 years before you are finally in the Australian military, given that you have a few steps to do and are evaluated at each step. Good luck and hope to see you over there.

Also Is it true that all the interviews are done in England? Being that I am in Canada, it can be costly to fly over there for an interview. Is there any way for Canadians to do the interviews here or do it via phone. Just a thought

Last edited by ammotech921; July 24th, 2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Just remembered about the Interview stage
ammotech921 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: