Turkish Long Range Air and Missile Defence System Program

atilla

Announcement for Issuing of Request for Information (RFI) for Turkish Long Range Air and Missile Defence System Program

new annaouncment has been declared the possible candidates s 300 russia Pak 3 and cinese version of s 300

But russia has offered an joint production also tec transfer for now seems S 300 wil win .......

What other systems can win ?? does S 300 is better than other products ??

İs USA arm dealers losing their market in Turkey ??

contedicavour

Announcement for Issuing of Request for Information (RFI) for Turkish Long Range Air and Missile Defence System Program

new annaouncment has been declared the possible candidates s 300 russia Pak 3 and cinese version of s 300

But russia has offered an joint production also tec transfer for now seems S 300 wil win .......

What other systems can win ?? does S 300 is better than other products ??

İs USA arm dealers losing their market in Turkey ??
Didn't the US have Patriots in Turkey during previous Gulf Wars ? PAC-3 is the only competitor to Russian S300 since Aster-30 can't match its range and MEADS programme isn't advanced enough to participate to a procurement race.

cheers

Chrom

Didn't the US have Patriots in Turkey during previous Gulf Wars ? PAC-3 is the only competitor to Russian S300 since Aster-30 can't match its range and MEADS programme isn't advanced enough to participate to a procurement race.

cheers
I'm 99% sure Turks will not buy S-300. SAM's abilities will play no role in the procurement. Turks need political support much more than any military quality - after all, can you imagine Turks going to war with someone against whom S-300 will be actually usefull?

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Greece.

This little cold war there is always good for a new "I have bigger weapons than you" challenge.

i would think Arrow-2 would be a potential candidate. The only hold up would be if the US would allow it to compete against PAC-3.

orko_8

i would think Arrow-2 would be a potential candidate. The only hold up would be if the US would allow it to compete against PAC-3.
Undersecretary for Defense Industries Mr Murad Bayar had stated that Turkish Air Force require an air defense system capable of both engaging aircraft and missiles, thus putting Arrow II out of the list. It is known that Turkey had tried to join the project in the past.

Undersecretary for Defense Industries Mr Murad Bayar had stated that Turkish Air Force require an air defense system capable of both engaging aircraft and missiles, thus putting Arrow II out of the list. It is known that Turkey had tried to join the project in the past.
Thanks for the update. I read sometime last year that Arrow was a potential candidate. Any idea on what kind of tech transfer Turkey is looking for?

atilla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear orko thanks for rep so if we consider latest issues about north ıraq Do u think Pac 3 could win ?? also ıs ıt possıble to place S 300 whıle other aır force equıpments are from USA ??

pc ( ulan orko burdadamı sen :DDDD)yeter be abi heryerde sen

orko_8

Thanks for the update. I read sometime last year that Arrow was a potential candidate. Any idea on what kind of tech transfer Turkey is looking for?
I don't know the contents of the request, but Turkey wanted to join the development phase, maybe something with Green Pine radar, I'm not sure, must check archives.

As the press stated, the three candidates are S-300, Patriot PAC-3 and FT-2000. The project covers off-the-shelf procurement of 4 batteries. As Turkish newspapers report, one system is thought for deployment to Ankara, one for Istanbul, one for GAP region in SE Turkey, the fourth one to be decided later. I personnally think PAC-3 has the highest chance, FT-2000 coming next.

atilla

Greece had lots of problem maintaing the russıan S300 .spare parts technical assıstance etc... If turkey produce S 300 whıt russıa maybe lots of up comıng problems could be solved .Greece also had problems ın frıend and foe system sınce they use F-16 and mainly mirage!! .Is any firm ın turkey has capability to solve this ?

atilla

After 12 years Mangusta is slected and Otocar ıs selected to develop Turkısh MBT...from here we can understand new defence concept ıs maınly on tech transfer and also devoloping in turkey so we can say S 300 or chınese versıon wil win since patriot is not offering tech transfer .....

orko_8

LORAMIDS program is direct off-the-shelf procurement, so there won't be any tech-transfer or other crap be it whether FT-2000 or S-300 is selected.

contedicavour

LORAMIDS program is direct off-the-shelf procurement, so there won't be any tech-transfer or other crap be it whether FT-2000 or S-300 is selected.
May be Turkey should just join the US, Germany and Italy in MEADS programme which is supposed to be the heir to PAC-3 including ATBM capability.
Another more far fetched alternative would be joining in an Aster-45 development effort. It's quite a mistery whether this extended range version of Aster-30 is being developed or not...

cheers

Chrom

Greece had lots of problem maintaing the russıan S300 .spare parts technical assıstance etc... If turkey produce S 300 whıt russıa maybe lots of up comıng problems could be solved .
They just cant TOT it deep enouth to matter. No-go here, even IF Russia would agree to trasfer tech.
Greece also had problems ın frıend and foe system sınce they use F-16 and mainly mirage!! .Is any firm ın turkey has capability to solve this ?
They dont have problems with FOE, at least not as you describe it. Minor annoyence here is what F-16/Mirages are part of NATO forces and cant easely differenciate greek S-300 from russian/chinese S-300 (in non-cooperative mode, without using FoE system). But then again, they also cant differentiate US/Greek PAC-3 and Turkish PAC-3 - that may be even more important for Greek military.
Any FoE system could be easely integrated in any SAM or plane. It is just non-issue. But non-cooperative target recognition might be problem.

DoC_FouALieR

Another more far fetched alternative would be joining in an Aster-45 development effort.
Could be, but if Turkey is involved in such a european developped weapon, they could use this to claim for their entry in the European Union, raising lot of political questions that can hamper the fielding of the Aster 45.

It's quite a mistery whether this extended range version of Aster-30 is being developed or not...
Yes, it's more a rumour than actual information. I'll try to find something about it.

atilla

After the last moves of US parlaiment( historical debay about 1915 happenings)

I dont think SSM will chose Pac 3 there is an grapevine going on about russia offered S400 and TEC transfer ....

We will see what could hapen...

yorker_79

merhaba ben yeni katildim da bu siteye siz Turkiye nin savunma sanayi hakkinda sanirim bilgi sahibisiniz. Allah askina Turkiye nin kendi urettigi ve kullandigi bir teknolojik savunma sistemi var mi. biraz bilgilendirirmisiniz. tesekkurler.

Mod edit: In English, please. This is an int'l forum. ;)

/GD