Pakistan Successfully Test Fire Hataf-5 Ghauri Missile

suleman

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan : May 29 (PNS) - Pakistan on Saturday morning successfully test fire medium range ballistic missile Hataf-5 Ghauri.

The missile has the capability of hitting the target upto 1500 kilometers. It is below in range than that of hataf-6 shaheen-2 which has the range 2000 kilometers. Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali witnessed the launching of the missile.

http://www.paknews.com/main.php?id=6&date1=2004-05-29

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Rumours are that Pakistan will soon be testing its longest range missile yet, the Ghauri III with a range of 3500 kilometers.

darklegent

Any idea how much a single missile cost. I am interest not in the launch vehicle cost all i would like to know is the cost of the rocket and conventional head.

mysterious

Yeah the Ghauri-III (as some reports in 2003 indicated) should be tested in June or July - plus, Pakistan's answer to Indian Phalcons should be ready by June 30th (as said in 2003 by the foreigh office). :smokingc:

mysterious

One 'important' question! "Are you from Mars?" :D All of Pakistani ballistic missiles are capable of carrying both, conventional or unconventional warheads!! Its a known fact. References, all over the web (try doing a search & excercising your fingers). From what I know, Pakistan already has received ToT for miniaturized warheads from China but at the moment Pakistan is not concentrating on that issue a lot due to other pressing priorities.

Phalcons detect enemy aircraft and alert, not shoot the intruders down as far as my understanding goes.

adsH

Training is still lacking/ lagging behind in IAF, Sadly true!, Its an honest criticism nothing to be humiliated about( Human nature is to learn form mistakes), Second the IAF is working on its equipment acquisition platform familiarity, and its over all restructuring. fine tweaking is only going to occur later.
the Falcons is a lesser versions of the E3c, But its a vey capable platform, the Phalcon is going to be networked with all major air defense assets of IAF, IT CANNOT SHOOT DOWN SOMETHING, however i think it can play games with a fully Electronic controls of the an Incoming AC, the blood sport is called EW. the Falcon has the capability to track incoming targets of all kind and it can divert assets to INtercept, it may (not sure) have access to ground air defenses like SAM, so it may end up extending the range of SAM based radars so it(SAMS) could fire missiles before ground radar range (the range of the SAM is key here) so falcons would give IAF THE ultimate advantage of surveillance of PAF forward war time operational bases, ie what they are taxi'ing and whats on the Base, so an Earliy asset relocation and interception could be launched. it would also give IAF Feild command which would be Airborne and less susceptible to attacks. In addition IAF would have a complete Battle feild situation awareness, so HQ could work out and execute pre-planned strategies

I think PAK BM have a Two ton Cap, and their maximum Range is 2500KM, their Guidence is accurate.. the most important break through was the Successful testing of the Solid fuel two stage separation Missile. (site blocked)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
:cop

Everyone in here needs to stay courteous and civil. Technical responses deserve technical answers.

Before anyone gets out of hand, stay on topic or I'll start deleting and editing posts.

:cop

The Watcher

:eek

Everything that Indians say is true but everything that everyone else says is false (Offensive comment edited out). WHY DONT YOU JUST SAY THAT HARI instead of bitching about it. :roll Gosh you people spread lies and then have the gutts to accuse others of doing the same while being sanctimounious about your own lies and false superiority complex when it comes to Pakistan. :roll

mysterious

I still cant stop laughing about the part where this guy says, 'Pakistani propaganda put out by Pakistanis and friendlies in Janes and other US magazines'!!! :lolol This guy must be a true genious or a complete nutshell to throw Janes credibility right out. So if according to him, 'everything' on the internet regarding Pakistani ballistic missiles being capable of unconventional warheads is untrue; then I can say on an equal footing 'how true are stories of Indian ballistic missiles being capable of unconventional warheads since everything on the internet is B.S.??' See, my d*** is longer than his! This senseless arguement would go on forever.

He says there are so many Ghaznavis, Hatfs and Ghauris that testing of various models is in fact same missile in different configuration; let me point out to him, if this is the case, then it hold equally true for different versions of Prithvis and Agnis and others!

No China didnt get some Karachi-made terrorists you know cuz first of all none are made there, plus those who come from Afghan side are simply shown the route to Kashmir you see! ;) We certainly know how and where to use our resources. :smokingc:

Plus, China got a complete Pakistani F-16 and other similar Pakistani help on different matter pertaining to military capabilities and technologies (as Pakistan gave Chinese military the insight to Western techs); which for me is worthy enough for Pakistan to be able to receive miniaturization ToT. I even read a US report on this but sorry to say, I wasnt a member of this forum then and I simply read it and never saved it. :roll

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hari in Canada,

Consider this a warning. PROVIDE SOURCE OF YOUR INFORMATION OR DO NOT REPLY. You have 24 hours to provide SOURCE of your information, if not the replies will be deleted.

Saying something and not backing it up with credible source is direct violation of DT rules:
http://defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php#18

Good luck

Oqaab

mysterious said:
Yeah the Ghauri-III (as some reports in 2003 indicated) should be tested in June or July - plus, Pakistan's answer to Indian Phalcons should be ready by June 30th (as said in 2003 by the foreigh office). :smokingc:
The answer was FT-2000 anti-radiation missile. The report said that Pakistan is trying to get these missiles with ToT.

XEROX

hey Hari of canada, you say "I know all this because I am an engineer with 35 years behind me"

but your profile says "Retired Vice President from a Bank", ???????

XEROX

Ok

Back to the topic,

Am I right to assume that Pakistan are developing a missile called “Tipuâ€, any specifications????

srirangan

Banned Member
I've heard of the Tipu too. Seems to be a sort of MRBM, since they've already got most of mainland India inside range, Tipu would be conceived to be a threat to Israel and prolly eastern Europe.

XEROX

why is it that "some" of pakistans missiles are named after muslim warriors who conqured hindu kings

srirangan

Banned Member
Psy-Ops.

But this name is funny, Tipu was a south Indian ruler who fought the British with the help of the French.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Tipu is basically the missile on which our SLV is based.The cold/computer tests have validated the design parameters(don't ask where I got this).Though I don't know why they have'nt tested it.Mebbe cause it's test might send the wrong message that we're trying to develop ICBMs.BTW PJ nice avtar :D: