Is Pakistan having a missile named "Tipu"

Does Pakistan has any missile named "Tipu"

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Faisal_Masud

After the nuclear explosions, it was reported that Pakistan is developing a new 4,000 range missile named Tipu. Although no test has taken place after explosions. I think that it is the name for Shaheen-III. The existence of this missile is doubtful. Tell your opinion about the existence of this missile.

mysterious

May be its under development still and so news about it are not being made public for 'reasons'. I've read about it a couple of few times as well but not much info available on it. I believe Shaheen III is different from this Tipu one as that missile has the official name Shaheen III and thats the only name with which it is known. :smokingc:

Roger Smith

Faisal_Masud said:
After the nuclear explosions, it was reported that Pakistan is developing a new 4,000 range missile named Tipu. Although no test has taken place after explosions. I think that it is the name for Shaheen-III. The existence of this missile is doubtful. Tell your opinion about the existence of this missile.

The proposed missile should be name FAISAL, which sounds better then Tipu. ;)

adsH

Awang se said:
You know, in Malay, Tipu mean lying.
Tipu in Hindi and Urdu bares alot of respect it is the Name of a Muslim Indian Warior/Ruler/Commander of the last known Independent Indian Army. who is the father of Missiles he developed the rockects and sucessfully used them in battle. he was the first in the world. "Tipu Sultan" Do a google search you will find tonns of litrature in Hindi and Urdu about him. In the memory of his achievement NASA has a Picture of men fireing Volleys of rockets in a battle feild those Soldiers fireing Rocket were, South East Asian in Feture ie SubContinent. :roll

suleman

As far as i know yes Tipu missile does exist but Pakistan not testing it and maybe will not test it until required.This test is not conducted due to many diplomatic reasons one of the major reason is that Israel and europe will feel threatened from it and at this stage when Pakistan is working to improve economy it can hurt a lot.Soo its there for right time e.g in case Israel show or try to do some thing then this test will be conducted to give a warning signal to them.

adsH

suleman said:
As far as i know yes Tipu missile does exist but Pakistan not testing it and maybe will not test it until required.This test is not conducted due to many diplomatic reasons one of the major reason is that Israel and europe will feel threatened from it and at this stage when Pakistan is working to improve economy it can hurt a lot.Soo its there for right time e.g in case Israel show or try to do some thing then this test will be conducted to give a warning signal to them.
it cost alot to test a misslie such as that and you can't just fire a misslie and not go and fetch it and you have to make sure the area is secured where it lands If tipu (if it exsits) is fired it would certainly end up somewhere very far in the arabian ocean where secure it would be hard and to check it accuracy would be hard with out proper SAt surveillance.

adsH

Revival_786 said:
Is that 4000km or 4000 miles :)
not sure about that range but its something like 4000+
the thing is i heard of it in 2002 when tensions were high but now the treat threshold is down!! the weapons is not listed any where execpt in Internationa Security fourm which as usual criticizes any development of Pak nuke and clases it as foriegn nukes!! they say that the size given to them do not correspond to any nukes in the North korea and chinese inventory so the notion of such weapon's existence is false or highly unlikely !!!

suleman

its range is 4000 kms with max payload but if u reduce the payload then its range is 4500 kms.
Testing is not a problem as far as security is concerned because they can test it in open sea or can fire it far from ocean on some land target in Pakistan.So again its testing is not a problem.
This missile is more for diplomatic use rather then millitary use.Its a nice card in hands of Pakistan in case something bad comes or some threat comes from Israel or europe.

adsH

suleman said:
its range is 4000 kms with max payload but if u reduce the payload then its range is 4500 kms.
Testing is not a problem as far as security is concerned because they can test it in open sea or can fire it far from ocean on some land target in Pakistan.So again its testing is not a problem.
This missile is more for diplomatic use rather then millitary use.Its a nice card in hands of Pakistan in case something bad comes or some threat comes from Israel or europe.
I don't think Israel or Europe would ever pose a threat to Pakistan, Israels behavior with its neighbors and the palestinians is because they have a conflict but pakistan has no conflict with them unless pak Army enters KSA to operate on its North western side next to jordan and Israel!! what i see europe as is the most moderate off all they will not fight with you unless you give them any trouble! India is still a credible threat China is a friend and Russia dosn't give a toss about Pakistan !! so the only country that has and is willing to use weapons like these on Pak is India!! (even tho they have non first use policy )

suleman

adSH u have very simple rules for international diplomacy dear its not that simple rather its very complicated.There is no fixed friend or enemy in international diplomacy and todays friend can be tomorrows enemy.
Although Israel dont pose a threat at the momment but they definitely tried to do soo in past and last one was when we conducted nuclear tests.So its very clear that they are potential threat for Pakistan and if they are sitting like good boys thats because of Pakistans strong millitary position and counter attack capability otherwise they would have destroyed Pakistans nuclear installations long time ago.
So we need to plan for every situation and its nice to have proper cards in hand.Again i will mention that its more for diplomatic use rather then actual use.

mysterious

Yes you're right man! Even I read in a lot of places how Israel had planned to take out Pakistan's nuclear installations and missile sites like they did with Iraq at one time. But for some reason, the plan was called-off or something and so Pakistan was able to test its nukes in 1998. Israel is like a snake in your sleeve so you have got to be careful when doing something that even indirectly from the farthest way effects it. :smokingc:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The plam was called off as India would not permit Israeli aircraft to use its airspace. Be greatful for Indian sanity prevailing.

Believe me at the time of the bomb, if Israel had wanted to take out Pakistans facilities, they still could have done it.

There was a bit of sanity on the Israeli side as well.

It would be nice if you could temper your anti-semitism, it gets a little tiresome.

references:

The Islamic Bomb: D. K. Palit and P. K. S. Namboodiri (different book)
The Islamic Bomb: Pervez Hoodbhoy, author of an article in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
The Islamic Bomb: Herbert Krosney and Steven Weismann

suleman

Garry according to Gohar Ayoub Then the Foriegn Minister of Pakistan told that it was not sanity from Indian side rather they provided Israel with their airbases and fighters were ready to attack.Pakistan Intelligence provided solid evidences including the pics and movies of israeli fighters standing on Indian bases.Pakistan called indian embessidor and shown him the evidence and told them clearly that if such thing will happen then Pakistan will simple reply thrpugh Nuclear missiles both in India and in Israel and before those fighters could land the bases many cities will convert to smoke.Pakistan's nuclear missiles were ready for launch secondly Pakistan armed force,Navy and Air force was ready and Air force was in skies.Thats when Tipu missile played its role.
If Israel is not attacking Pakistan then its because of type of response it will get in reply not because of friendship or sanity.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
suleman said:
Garry according to Gohar Ayoub Then the Foriegn Minister of Pakistan told that it was not sanity from Indian side rather they provided Israel with their airbases and fighters were ready to attack.Pakistan Intelligence provided solid evidences including the pics and movies of israeli fighters standing on Indian bases.Pakistan called indian embessidor and shown him the evidence and told them clearly that if such thing will happen then Pakistan will simple reply thrpugh Nuclear missiles both in India and in Israel and before those fighters could land the bases many cities will convert to smoke.Pakistan's nuclear missiles were ready for launch secondly Pakistan armed force,Navy and Air force was ready and Air force was in skies.Thats when Tipu missile played its role.
If Israel is not attacking Pakistan then its because of type of response it will get in reply not because of friendship or sanity.
Then there is a problem with the pakistani authors who I've quoted prev. At the time of the possible pre-emption, the issue was whether Pakistan was going to have a capability, not whether it had capability. This was in the early to mid 1980's. according to the authors (of 3 different texts) the Pakistani plant was not at a vehicle delivery stage, the weapon was able to be delivered, but Pakistan ddn't have sub systems to launch it.

I can only go off the books that I have. Do you have any links to the ISI reports etc? I'd be interested in seeing the photos as it would provide me a capacity to do some extra research (eg, the photos of the planes can be checked against squadron logs etc for the period in question.)

Thanks for the info..

adsH

gf0012 said:
The plam was called off as India would not permit Israeli aircraft to use its airspace. Be greatful for Indian sanity prevailing.

Believe me at the time of the bomb, if Israel had wanted to take out Pakistans facilities, they still could have done it.

There was a bit of sanity on the Israeli side as well.

It would be nice if you could temper your anti-semitism, it gets a little tiresome.

references:

The Islamic Bomb: D. K. Palit and P. K. S. Namboodiri (different book)
The Islamic Bomb: Pervez Hoodbhoy, author of an article in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
The Islamic Bomb: Herbert Krosney and Steven Weismann

GF i don't get this do you honestly believe that Israel and INdia could of taken out all the facilities in one go those site are protected with god only know what kind of defense system not to mentio AC and then those are declared sites they must have underground sites they do have the chinese to thank for Underground mining drill tech.and pluss can any one count how many nukes there are alaredy in the feild you can't take them out on the first strike ! therefore an atack would of been devastating for india. Pakistan is not Iran or Libya there Engineers and scientist are not just one off from the population there alot more of thoses scientist in pakistan!!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
adsH said:
GF i don't get this do you honestly believe that Israel and INdia could of taken out all the facilities in one go those site are protected with god only know what kind of defense system not to mentio AC and then those are declared sites they must have underground sites they do have the chinese to thank for Underground mining drill tech.and pluss can any one count how many nukes there are alaredy in the feild you can't take them out on the first strike ! therefore an atack would of been devastating for india. Pakistan is not Iran or Libya there Engineers and scientist are not just one off from the population there alot more of thoses scientist in pakistan!!
I think you've over read into the thread. Where do I say that it was do-able? and where do any other authors say that it was a sanctioned op with Indian co-operation?

READ the original post.

adsH

gf0012 said:
adsH said:
I think you've over read into the thread. Where do I say that it was do-able? and where do any other authors say that it was a sanctioned op with Indian co-operation?

READ the original post.

Sorry about that !!

gf did you say the author said it was in the early to mid 90's i thought India was not involved with israel they didn't even accept israel as a valid entity at that time ! i think the authur of that book was in his own cloud 9 !!!