Aster and Scalp Navale questions

Totoro

I was looking at the aster missile family boosters the other day and wondered just what are the differences between aster 15 and aster 30 booster sections. It would appear that the diameter of the booster sections is the same in both missiles, with 30 one being longer. But also, it would appear that stabilizing fins on the booster of 30 are larger. There is one picture available online where it's clearly visible those fins are foldable, to conserve space in the VLS. Now, IF 15's booster fins are smaller, would that mean it doesn't feature folding fins? I can't find any clear pics of the 15's booster. On some pics it also looks like the wingspan of the fins might the the same, only 30 has a longer chord, running down the length of the booster, but I can't really tell.

Also, I've seen some pics of Scalp Navale model in the sylver launcher and it appears to be not much bigger than a aster missile w booster. Does Scalp Navale have a new body then? I do believe regular air launched Scalp has a meter wide body, more than twide the width of an aster missile w booster. So, instead of making a wider launcher cell to accomodate "old" scalp, they opted for keeping the same, narrow sylver launcher (albeit lengthened a bit) and redesigning the whole scalp missile? How and why is that a better option?

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Now, IF 15's booster fins are smaller, would that mean it doesn't feature folding fins? I can't find any clear pics of the 15's booster. On some pics it also looks like the wingspan of the fins might the the same, only 30 has a longer chord, running down the length of the booster, but I can't really tell.
Looks like folding fins on both boosters to me:
Aster 15 http://pvo.guns.ru/images/other/france/aster/mbda/aster15__1.jpg
Aster 30 http://worldnavy.info/arms/missiles-ciws/aster/aster30_05.jpg

DoC_FouALieR

Both Aster 15/30 are provided with the same winsgpan on their booster with folding fins (Aster 30 's booster is longer with a longer chord)

Concerning the Scalp Naval, it has indeed a new body in order to be fitted inside a Sylver A70 VLS and 533mm torpedo tube.