zhuge liang vs wu yong! who would win??

darkphantom744

these ancient chinese military commanders are known for their military ability in terms of strategies. I have read that wu yong is the person who is equal to zhuge liang. If there is a showdown between these 2 who would win? Please share your thoughs.:p:

Thiel

these ancient chinese military commanders are known for their military ability in terms of strategies. I have read that wu yong is the person who is equal to zhuge liang. If there is a showdown between these 2 who would win? Please share your thoughs.:p:
Without a scenario, it's impossible to do a comparison.

Without a scenario, it's impossible to do a comparison.
I wonder if a general on general would be a VS thread.. how about... :)

one in a Type-99
one in a T-90A
Summer weather 25 Celcius
Hilly lightly wooded terrain
Engagement between 10am-11am
no air support

:p:

Thiel

I wonder if a general on general would be a VS thread.. how about... :)

one in a Type-99
one in a T-90A
Summer weather 25 Celcius
Hilly lightly wooded terrain
Engagement between 10am-11am
no air support

:p:
Since both generals are from ancient times, neither would have a clue on how operate a tank, let alone what a tank is capable of.

Since both generals are from ancient times, neither would have a clue on how operate a tank, let alone what a tank is capable of.
I will ask my co workers in China but isnt Wu Yong 呉用 a completely fictional character from the Water Margin (Water Margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) ?

If So, I really see no problem imagining them in T90s and Type 99s

Furthermore, Zhuge has always had supply issues, the question is did he forget his HEAT or SABOT rounds :) ... I am sure that Wu Yong's tank ( being a fictional character ) is then armed with Anti Tank Guided Drago....(err Missiles) that bring good fortune and explode penetrating at least 700mm of Chinese tortoise plate armor..

The thread can become absurd if we start comparing fictional and non fictional characters, like can Ivan Drago punch out Mike Tyson ... darkphantom744...

Plas

chukahleong

According to the history and legend of the Three Kingdoms, Zhu Ge Liang is heralded as the greatest military tactician of all times in the history of China. The story has frequently portrayed his unorthodox abilities to stage weird tactics and strategies that always succeed in defeating his enemies.

The legend has also stated that there was another person who had the equal abilities of Zhu Ge Liang, and the person's name was Pang Tong, the person who was later recruited by Liu Bei and became a military tactician under Zhu Ge Liang, but was later killed by the Wei army while riding on Liu Bei's white horse.

The Shu army, at that time, had Zhu Ge Liang and Pang Tong as major military advisers, while the Wei army had also successfully recruited Si Ma Yi, another brilliant tactician who was also well-versed in the magic and supernatural arts, according to Three Kingdoms legends. The glory of Shu only ended with Zhu Ge Liang's sudden death, and Si Ma Yi proceeded to lead the Wei kingdom to domination until his death decades later.

So frankly speaking, Zhu Ge Liang is regarded as the best military tacticians of all time, as admitted by the Chinese folks in mainland China and historians as well.

ixtomixilix

Have them face off at weiqi/go, and you would know.