World Best Military Strategy and Diplomatic Strategy

What are the best possible ways to handle currents situtaions in world ?

• Using Military Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Well i have visited "The greats commander" Thread, it contain some of the good and very informative post but some post praising their countries and others are countering earlier post.
That thread contain some of the most talented and best knowledge members .
i request all the member to participate in this thread as we can figure it out the best and excellent
military strategy and diplomatic strategy [as no military step without diplomatic brains]. straight from the WWI to recent Iraq war, Afghan war to war on terror.
Also, welcome to all the commemorative suggestions to wars and strategy which had gone wrong.
i request all those members who vote in poll to comments on vote , in their post [if possible with reason]

Last edited:

Rockstar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is said that during 1971 war between Indian and Pakistan, The United States supported Pakistan both politically and materially, Nixon feared that an Indian invasion of West Pakistan would mean total Soviet domination of the region, and that it would seriously undermine the global position of the United States and the regional position of America's new tacit ally, China.
In order to demonstrate to China the bona fides of the United States as an ally, and in direct violation of the US Congress-imposed sanctions on Pakistan, Nixon sent military supplies to Pakistan, routing them through Jordan and Iran, while also encouraging China to increase its arms supplies to Pakistan.
The Soviet Union sympathized with the Bangladeshis, and supported the Indian Army and Mukti Bahini during the war, recognizing that the independence of Bangladesh would weaken the position of its rivals - the United States and China. The USSR gave assurances to India that if a confrontation with the United States or China developed, it would take counter-measures. This assurance was enshrined in the Indo-Soviet friendship treaty signed in August 1971.

mysterious

Well i have visited "The greats commander" Thread, it contain some of the good and very informative post but some post praising their countries and others are countering earlier post.
That thread contain some of the most talented and best knowledge members .
i request all the member to participate in this thread as we can figure it out the best and excellent
military strategy and diplomatic strategy [as no military step without diplomatic brains]. straight from the WWI to recent Iraq war, Afghan war to war on terror.
Also, welcome to all the commemorative suggestions to wars and strategy which had gone wrong.
i request all those members who vote in poll to comments on vote , in their post [if possible with reason]

Quite a rhetorical topic, really. There is not much information provided by you as the thread starter. No credible evidence to back up the limited information that 'is' provided.

It can be also be argued that India demonstrated in 1971 that, it is a large-country that likes to act 'small' and that behavior has continued ever since. Instead of portraying itself as a big-brotherly country [with its regional power ambitions] and sitting down with Pakistan to negotiate the refugee crisis created by the ongoing civil unrest; it chose to whip up international propagandist rhetoric to illegally invade a sovereign state - a direct violation of International Law. Not to mention, months of anti-Pakistan covert ops [including sabotage, rape, murder] via RAW agents as well as Mukti Bahini assets [something that ultimately led to Pakistan launching the notorious Operation Searchlight].

Your topic would've carried some weight and credibility, had you opted to provide other examples of 'worlds best military strategy and diplomatic strategy'. However, singling out 1971 and painting a rosy picture of India's despicable actions points to other ulterior motives and is akin to flame-baiting the Pakistanis in here to respond aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.