What if war would break out in the Middle East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex David

Namely, between Syria and its allies and Israel. What would happen, as now the US retreated from Iraq and Syria receiving some advanced SAM and coastal defence systems from Russia in 2011?

Now, I'm not going to sound like any crazy close-minded lunatic, but I'm going to count on actual facts provided by you folk.

------------------------------

[Mod edit: Thread closed for continued violation of Forum Rules; specifically rules number 3 and 21, after being warned by a Mod.

Further you have deleted a guidance from Mod, with 4 specific points from a Mod on how to observe forum rules, applied to your specific instance. Your deletion of the guidance with Mod without adhering to guidance issued has resulted in adminstrative sanctions (which is to follow, pending a Mod Team discussion).

Do not delete guidance issued by a Mod. They are clearly marked.]

Ok. Lets start this discussion with suitable facts. Recently in November to December 2011, Syria received advanced Yakhont (or P-800 Oniks) supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles [1]. Further adding the fact that Syria now possesses S-300 SAM systems, which are quite reputable, not due to their use in any war operation, but to the destructive effect its predecessors have made on enemy aircraft, keeping in mind that S-300's can also take down hostile ballistic missile, which might paralyze Israel's superiority in the air and might also limit Israel's nuclear capability.

Thanks to the American retreat from Iraq, Syria's position in any future conflict has been improved, and now any conflict between Syria and Israel ( keeping in mind the Russian naval base in Syria) might cause catastrophic damage to the Israeli side.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorNortonII

I don't think it'll happen. I bet Saudi Arabia will be the one to toast Iran's nuclear program.

[Mod edit: Please read the Forum Rules; specifically rule number 2 and have a look at the Ban List. Oberving the forum rules is a requirement for posting and remaining a member of this forum. Post whoring with one-liners by new members or members with low post count is strongly discuraged. No further warning will be issued to to you or any other member posting another one-liner in this thread.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.